Cheever

After lunch, I had to go to a band lesson during study hall.

I sit down, and I ask the kid next to me, who I don't know his name but we all call him Monopoly because one day he was blowing his trumpet (no, not idiomically) and a little green house just came flying out of his trumpet. I've become pretty good friends with Monopoly over the year of us being in band together.

Instead of just handing me the valve oil, he has a conversation with me. He usually just practices the piece we're on, and I give him pointers.

"Heard 'boutch you and Aurielle!" He says. I'm 99.999999999 (that's a receeding decimal by the way) he's from South Philadelphia or New York.

"Yep! How'd you find out?" I didn't know how it got around so quickly.

"Dude, she's frands with pretty much 'deh whole school. Newz travel fast when 'deres only so many kids." I forgot about that. Aurielle will pretty much strike up a conversation with anyone.

"Monopoly...wait, whats your real name?" I felt bad calling him Monopoly.

"Cheever. Cheever Sanchez. And you's Alex. Alex Windzin." Interesting name. DEFINITELY from either Philly or the Bronx.

"It's Windson." Just then, our band teacher walked in and we had to start.