22 Buggers

We finally got to Cut It Out, the hair cutting place. I saw Aurielle in the window. Oh crap, oh crap.

We walked though the door, the buzzer buzzing 4 times, once for me, one for Elyse, and one for each of my parents. My mom did the whole "hi angela you look so good yadayadayada" and Aurielle walked over to me.

"BOO!" She screamed in my face. I jumped. She was wearing her gray sweatshirt, but this time she had on purple skinny jeans.

"Aurielle!" I say back to her. Elyse walks over to us. 'Please don't say anything, please don't say anything' 

"Are you Alex's gir-" I shoved my hand over Elyse's mouth.

"Elyse, she is not my girlfriend!" I whisper to Elyse. "Now, go to Mom. Scat." Elyse scooted away, over to  my dad.

"Sorry about that. Gosh, she's annoying. So what's up?" I asked her.

"I can understand-I got 22 of those little buggers." she tells me.

"You have 22 little sisters and brothers?" Wow, Alex. Of course she doesn't, thats almost physically impossible.

"No, I'm the oldest of 22 cousins-they're all under 8." Aurielle's so cute when she does that little hold her hands together and shrugs. "It gets really annoying at our family reunions." I do a little giggle and we sit down in the waiting area. 

"Isn't Miss Heinkel mean?" She was talking about our math teacher.

"Mean isn't the beginning of it." I said back, and she let out a laugh. We continue talking about school and our friends all through the time I was there, she even pulled over a seat when I had to get my hair cut.

After I got my haircut, my mom talked to Aurielle's mom and she decided we would drop her off, because her car is in the shop and her neighbor drove her today.

I was literally so nervous, yet so excited.