Perfectly

My dad didn't come with us to the frozen yogurt place, he had to finish some papers for work.

We live really out of the main part of town, so it was a long drive. Elyse talked the whole time.

"Does she always talk this much?" Aurielle asked me in the backseats of the van, as she rolled her eyes.

I nodded and, as we finally pulled into Twist It Up, the frozen yogurt place. 

"I haven't been here in ages!" Aurielle was so excited. "I love frozen yogurt." 

When we walk in, my mom tells us to treat ourselves-no ounce limit. My mom usually says only 3 or 4 ounces, because it's 40 cents an ounce. Me and Aurielle walk over to the flavors, while Elyse continues rambling on about Barbies and whatnot to my mom.

"Alex, cookies and cream or birthday cake?" Aurielle is looking back and forth to two pumps.

"Cookies and Cream. Definitely." She continues to swirl the frozen yogurt into her cup, while I swirl my favorite, Salted Caramel, into my cup. We walk over to the toppings, and start piling them on.

Aurielle picks up a big marshmallow. "Alex, catch!" she says. I open my mouth and the marshmallow landed straight in. 

"My turn!" I tell her back. I choose some mango popping boba, and one by one, I throw them into Aurielle's mouth. She catches them all.

"You're good!" I commented to Aurielle, and she tells me I am too. I put some peanut butter chips onto my ice cream, when a sour Gummi Worm hits me in the head. I turn around, and there she is, Aurielle is laughing her head off. Her laugh is adorable.

"Ha ha, very funny Aurielle." I pick up a malt ball and throw it at her. She catches it in her mouth.

"Yum." she responds to me. We stare at each other for a moment, just smiling at each other, and we then laughed our heads off.

Aurielle and I continued putting on our toppings. Aurielle had mochi, coconut, Oreos, Kit Kat pieces, and caramel sauce. I added cheesecake pieces and fizzy strawberry candy to my peanut butter chips. We then grabbed our spoons, Aurielle grabbing a light blue one and me grabbing a green one. We sat down at the 2 seat table near the window, the sunset brilliant shades of pink and orange.

"Look how pretty the sunset is." Aurielle pointed out to me. It was really great. 

"Almost as pretty as the Kanfold sitting next to me." I am on a roll.

"Aww, Alex!" she exclaimed. "You're so sweet."

"Aurielle, I have a question." I said to her. 

"Wha-What is it?" Aurielle asked me. You could hear the nervousness in her voice.

"Why did you date Ray?" I really wanted to know.

"Oh. Look, you know Brian, Ray's friend?" I nodded. "Well, I used to like him, but then my friend Kayla started dating him, and it took me a WHILE to get over that. I then realized that Ray is kinda cute, but now I realize he's a big, fat, jerk, so then I got my friends to hint to him that I like him, even though I told them not to, and then he asked me out. But now he says he was quote unquote forced into it." Aurielle sighed. 

"Well now you dont have to deal with jerks like Ray. Or Brian." I reached out and grabbed her hand. We mangled our fingers together, her hand fitting perfectly into mine.