[S] Eaten by a UFO

"Hey."

Your bunkmate flicked you.

"What?"

"Ever seen a UFO?"

"No. They're not real."

"Yeah, they are. I've got proof.."

"Better not be some blurry image of a plane."

"Definitely not. It's in 4k."

He showed you a photo of a huge black disc hovering over his entire neighborhood as he posed in the middle of the street.

"What the hell is that??"

"A UFO, brainiac! What's it look like? Sure ain't a cloud."

"It's huge.. Were you abducted then?"

"Yeah, but.. not in the way I imagined it would go. It was more like being eaten and then.. shat out."

"Ew.. Are you saying it was a living thing?? With insides?"

"Think so. It was cold and wet and there was a pulse. Seemed like it was scanning a file."

"What do you mean?"

"Like a living computer, scanning a file, that file being me and other people."

"There were others in there??"

"It took the neighbor's son and a dog in the street. I don't think it was evil or anything, y'know, it was probably just curious."

"Is that you giving it the benefit of the doubt?"

"To sleep at night. The things I saw.. they haunt me still. Hopefully whatever UFO you encounter isn't the same one."

"Hopefully."

Later that night he told you something else.

"Not gonna lie, I beat off after the fact."

"Why did I need to know that?"

".. Sorry. Goodnight."

The next day you went out fishing together.

"Been thinking of becoming a hypnotologist."

"Is that even a word?"

"Hypnosis therapy. I hear it helps people remember things pushed into the subconscious."

"Any reason for that aspiration?"

"My cousin claims he was attacked by aliens when he was much much younger. He's got a few suspicious scars we never figured out, so. With him being unable to reach that far back and all, I thought I'd help him out."

".. I don't wanna be that guy but you ever consider it's best he doesn't know? It's like.. finding out your partner is cheating a day before you propose."

"He was adamant on wanting to remember. Wasn't my idea. Maybe after I get my degree we can trip to Arizona."

"Hm, why not Vegas?"

"You know how to gamble?"

"A little. Never bet on black."

"Heh, lose a couple hundred, get piss drunk, and hit up mardi gras with pretty women."

As you chatted the wind suddenly picked up and it got really quiet.

"I thought you said the weather was clear."

"It was when I looked at the forecast. Could be a storm happening far away."

The current started moving and you were being swept north.