13. Ambitious Bride

After one month,

Both Meera and Akshad got busy with their work. In this short span, Akshad had to visit two countries so almost two weeks went by traveling and he could not give much time to Meera.

On other hand, Meera was also busy with her new blogging channel which was growing and showing improvement. If this succeeds then she can be her own boss. In this month she gained lots of audience. She was so engrossed in developing her base in proper blogging hence she had less time to keep in touch with her future in-laws.

Every day, Akshad would do his work but when at night he went to sleep he would think of calling Meera but not sure if she is free he would just drop a goodnight text.

Today, finally these two decided to meet and discuss how they are going to have a wedding. But then the mothers also decided to join in the discussion. So currently Meera is getting ready to go to Akshads Bungalow where both the families will meet and decide marriage, date, venue, and other things.

"Meeru di, please convince aunt Rashi to set a marriage date as soon as possible." Understanding her sweet cousin, Meera nodded her head "Rupal my love, do not worry. I know you are going abroad in 2 months. Even I want you to be there when I get married. So, I have already requested Arora's to find a date within or before two months."

"Aww di, you are such a sweetheart. Love you a lot." Saying this Rupal sprang on Meera and gave her an affectionate hug.

Soon the Sharma's arrived at Arora Mansion

The date was finalized after 15 days from today. This is because Akshad was planning to relocate to New York next month as he was working hard to expand his business there.

As Meera was not aware of his plan to relocate, she felt anger rising in her and she excused herself from the living room. She went straight to the rose garden finding some mental peace in between these lovely flowers. She sat down beside them, eyes closed, She was just taking in nature's scent.

Akshad was observing her quietly, but as he was himself upset that Meera was ignoring him from the time she entered the house. She did not even greet him so instead of going after her, he was helping the parents to select decorations on the venue.

Soon all the arrangements and duties were aligned by both the parents and Akshad shut down his laptop. After going to his room, he inserted the pen drive on his desktop and started forwarding the selected arrangements to the wedding planner.

After half an hour of working and sitting like a statue on his desk he heard a knock on his door. "Yes, come in!" he said to that person. Meera entered the room with a bunch of roses which she collected and braided nicely with leaves. She offered them to Akshad. Seeing her efforts Akshad could not control his smile but when he saw blood on her finger, he raised an eyebrow.

"The thorns were mean to me." Meera stated carelessly, he got up from his desk, took her finger in his mouth then sucked on it. Meera could not believe her eyes and just blushed.

Letting go after 5 minutes he spoke admiring the bouquet "Meera, this is beautiful. Thank You." He kept the bouquet on his desk. "Hmm... So, are you moving to New York after our marriage?" she asked him eyes down, pink blushing still on her cheeks.

"No, not only me but 'US'. Both of us will be moving for the next 4-5 years as I need to stay there to expand my business." He spoke casually

Hurt evident in her tone she asked "Did you feel the need to talk to me before taking such a big decision?" on that he just shrugged his shoulders.

"See Meera this is something where I do not have any choice. Since brother Manik is looking after Abu Dhabi business, I cannot send him to New York. So, the only choice I have is to live there myself." After informing Meera he looked at her with expectations to get her agreement.

"I understand but you are not considering me and my priorities in this decision. I just started my own blog and it will take time for me to quit my current job and fully be a self-employed person." Hearing this Akshad was getting impatient as according to him going out of India was a lifetime opportunity any girl would beg for to her god. But still asked, "So how much time do you need?"

"Six months maybe" she said unsure. "See you are not only sure about your success. I have a lot of money to feed our next 10 generations so please do not tell me your petty issues. Please go now and resign from your job and focus on our upcoming marriage. I will not accept such baseless excuses. If you want to earn money you can work in my company."

Meera, no longer able to hold back her tears, raised her hand and gave a tight slap on his face. Tears rolling down her cheeks she said "Your attitude will be the reason for your downfall. How dare you give no importance to my work, my dream? Sorry Mr. Akshad but you cannot buy my dreams with your money. I will call off this engagement!" with that she picked up the flowers and shredded them across the room.

Satisfied with the destruction she left from there to never come back. Akshad, stunned by the unexpected outburst and slap she gave him did not react at all. Slowly he recovered and cleaned his room. Not willing to think about what Meera told him just now, He engrossed himself in work once again.

AUTHORS NOTE:

Hello lovely people,

If you are reading this comment then do not worry, in next few chapters it will get more interesting, next chapter will be Akshads POV. So do not miss it!

DO HIT THE STAR AT BOTTOM!!! 

XOXO, SEYU