The date

Butters

I wake up and feel I want to go to bed again. Kenny's arm is hugging me strongly. I wish to never get out of bed.

It's actually hard to process. I never realized I had a crush on Kenny. Until last night.

It was just too fast. He likes me I like him. But I don't want him to be my boyfriend?

I sigh and decided to push all those thoughts away. Kenny is still dead asleep. He looks adorable.

I play with his hair. It's much softer than I thought it would be. Its silky, it feels good.

I didn't notice when he slowly opened his eyes. "Morning leo," he cooed. "Well good morning ken!" I said happily.

He dove his head into my chest and wrapped both his arms around me. I continued to play with his silky hair.

"I'm glad we're skipping today," he murmerd. "Me too," I said with a yawn.

"What do you want to do today?" I asked. "Stay here. With you," he said, his grip tightening. "Ken, we gotta get up,"

He groaned loudly in response. Then he looked up at me with big puppy eyes. "Please buttercup. I wanna stay in bed and cuddle!"

He whined.

"...."

"Fine."

He shot up and cheered. "Can I at least change? I feel like crap in these clothes," I said. He nodded quickly.

"Are you cold?" I asked seeing he was only in his tank top. "A bit," he responded.

I went to my dresser and took some sweatpants that were to big for me, along with a hoodie.

"Thanks buttercup," Kenny said with a smile. I took the clothes I was going to wear and headed to the bathroom.

Once I was done I headed back to the bedroom. I saw popcorn, poptarts, and so many other sweets.

"We are binge watching everything!" Kenny declared. I giggled and crawled into his arms.

Once he found a show, his arms held me tightly. I felt my eyelids heavy, and fell asleep once again.

-

Kenny and my legs were tangled together. His chin rested on the top of my head and we were cuddling in a sitting position.

My hand was on his chest, feeling his abs through the hoodie. "Ken, wake up," I muttered.

I shook him slightly as I yawned. "Come on wake up!" I said more aggressively. "Noo," he complained.

"You gotta go home, Karen's probably worried," I said.

"Can't I just bring Karen here? I don't wanna leave,"

I thought about it for a moment. I know how messed up his parents might be, and I liked Karen.

"Okay," I said. "Thank you!" Kenny said in a cheery tone. I got up and used all my strength to pull him up.

We walked downstairs where we put our shoes on. "You're not going out like that." Kenny said.

I looked at my outfit. There was nothing wrong with it. "It's way too cold for you to be wearing that shit," he said running up the stairs.

He had his orange parka in his hands. He draped it over my shoulders, but I put it on and zipped it halfway up.

He grabbed my hand and we started walking towards his house.

Once we got there, Karen was already waiting at the door. "Let's go!" Kenny said giving Karen his other hand to hold.

"I wanna be in the middle," Karen demanded breaking our hands apart and replacing them with her own.

We start walking to my house, in comfortable silence.  "Hey Leo, why are you wearing Ken's parka?" Karen asked.

"I was a bit chilly, and Kenny said I could wear it," I explained awkwardly. She smiled and nodded.

We got to my house and Karen put her shoes on the shoe rack nicely. "We have a guest bedroom with a TV, if you wanna hang out in there," I told her.

She smiled wider and nodded quickly. I showed her to her room and she plopped on the bed. "So much more comfortable then my matress!" She exclaimed.

I put in a random show for her and walked towards my room. Kenny was laying on his back and was on his phone. He put it down when he saw me.

He opened his arms and I fell on top of him. He started playing with my hair and I relaxed in his arms. "Can we go to the store?" He asked.

I sighed. "We just got back, I'm tired," I complained. "We didn't even walk that far."

I groaned and he chuckled. "C'mon, ittl count as a date," I looked up at him. "In a bit, I wanna stay and cuddle longer."

He nodded and I relaxed again. I closed my eyes but didn't fall asleep. I'm glad I didn't fall asleep, I had slept enough.

---

"Have you picked chips yet?"

I asked standing behind Kenny, who was taking an eternity picking out chips.

"I don't know which ones to get," he said. He grabbed some potato chips, and then some sour cream and onion ones.

"Just go with plain potato," I told him as I yawned. "....."

"Alright."

We left the store with two bags. "Let's go sit down at the park," Kenny said as he grabbed my hand and dragged me.

We made it to a park bench and I put down all our stuff. Kenny put his arm around my shoulder and I leaned into his side.

He sighed and I looked up at him. He seemed to be lost on very deep thought. "I have a question," I said.

He looked down at me. "Shoot." "When did you start liking me?" I asked.

Hw thought for a moment. "Since two years ago, when I was eleven," he responded.

Kenny liked me earlier than I liked him. Wow.  I honestly didn't know what to expect.

"What about you? When did you start liking me?" He asked. I thought.  Maybe I had a crush on Kenny earlier on and hadn't acknowledged it.

"I would say when I turned thirteen," I responded. He smiled at me and I gave him a small smile.

We sat there for a little bit longer. "I would say out first date turned out good," he said.

I grinned and we stood up. We walked to my house. Today was a lot of movement, going to one place and coming to my house.

At least I got a lot of time with Kenny. Our 'first date' wasn't really what I expected, but hey I'll take it.