Chapter 9

'' attention rookies ! any questions ?.''
You spoke loudly , your voice echoing throughout so they could hear you.
Ghost stood next to you since he had already answered the questions from the girls and he decided to come over and see how the rookies were handling it .Their heads snapped towards you and they instantly lined up and stood in front of the bunks , their posture being as straight as possible . The cadets looked at each other waiting for someone to stand up and speak .

'' uh..will we be staying here ?''
One soldier asked .
'' what's your name soldier ?.''
You asked sternly while stepping in front of him .
'' its chase..''
He said quietly.

'' for someone whos is named chase is sure as hell slow , maybe if you paid attention before you would have heard me loud and clear before .''
You spoke , earning a chuckle out of the other soldiers.

'' that wasn't your que to laugh rookies , get in line and pay attention !.''
You spoke as you stepped away , making them go quiet.
'' as  for you answer chase..we will not being keeping you here but it's only for the time being then we will show you to your rooms .''
You answered.

Ghost couldn't lie to himself but he liked seeing this side of you , this stern and authoritative demeanour of yours that you were putting on . He could lie and say that he didn't think it was attractive . before he had come to see you he had met up with gaz and talked for a little but with him. Gaz hasn't been around much since price has been putting him to work and he's been helping price out a lot lately which explains his disappearance .

Ghost smirked under his mask as he watched as  you disciplined the cadets.
'' Any other questions ?.''
You spoke .
they shook their heads no making you give them a nod and you dismissed them and walked out of there barracks leaving them be for now and you decided to head to the gym again , hoping for a better workout this time.

You walked and Ghost caught up to you and he slowed his pace walking beside you. You looked up at him confused and his tired looking eyes peered down at you .
'' where are you headed now ?.''
He asked .
'' to the gym , just gonna change again .''
You sighed thinking back on what had happened last time .
Ghost noticed this and he gave you a little nudge , catching you off guard.
'' Listen, the guy got suspended , you'll be alright...''
He spoke, sensing your slight uneasiness .

You looked up at him confused to how he knew and you tilted your head to the side a little and his eyes bored into yours. Why was he being so ..caring ? . You couldn't help but think about why he was like that with you now , before he was a dick but now he's nicer in a way. You nodded at his words and he walked with you to your room . you stepped in front of your door and you turned the knob getting to step in . you turned to Ghost tilting your head at him confused as to why he was still there .

''  uh see ya round ..''
Ghost said quietly before walking off leaving you alone .
You waved to him as a goodbye and you stepped into your room and you put on clothes that were comfortable and meant for the gym and you grabbed your water bottle . you figured you spend some time in the gym before heading back to the cadets to show them where they would be staying next .

Once you were ready you walked out of your room and you walked to the gym . you walked through the hallways and you made your way to the gym . you walked over to the bench press again and you set your stuff down to let others know you were using the machine and you sat down on the seat and lied down , wrapping your hands  around the bar since the weight was 400 already so you didn't need to change the weight this time , assuming that someone must've forgotten to take the weights off or tried and gave up.

You took a deep breath before doing your reps and you began to workout . just as you began to workout you saw the same guy you had defended yourself from walk in , turns out his suspension is over .
'' oh great...''
You mentally sighed , just as you were about to workout too  as well .
What you didn't notice was Ghost in the corner of the gym watching from afar , watching the man's every move.

The man walked over to you and he tapped you on your shoulder and you tensed up at the touch and you set down your weights quickly and you turned to see the guy .
'' you know instead of yapping so much you could put the pretty mouth to work .''
He snickered, causing others in the gym to grow uncomfortable.

You were about to say something until someone pushed the man back.
You looked up to see that it wasn't just any man , it was ghost.
'' let me correct your statement , do you know who she is ?.''
Ghost said coldly .
'' answer .''
He said sternly and loudly , causing the gym to go quiet.
'' yes sir..you are lieutenant riley ..''
He answered weekly stepping back.

You sat on the machine watching as the scene in front of you unfolded. You looked up at Ghost to see him wearing a tight black fitting shirt along with black cargos and his usual skull mask. You found out that he had a forearm tattoo which was quite surprising to you but you thought it fitted him well but my my did you think he looked good.

'' yeah , well miss reaper over there can kill you within seconds if she truly wanted to but luckily shes on our side and she is working with us , i fucking suggest you keep that mouth of your shut beforte you get more then just a suspension .''
Ghost's voice boomed throughout , his fists clenched at his sides.

'' yes sir..''
The man said while avoiding eye contact , being afraid now knowing your title .

'' dismiss .''
Ghost seethed as he watched the man turn around and leave the gym.
Everyone started awkwardly getting back to their workouts and they kept to themselves .
'' uh thanks for sticking up for me Ghost..''
You said quietly.
'' i wasn't sticking up for you i was putting that soldier in his place for disrespecting a higher up.''
He said bluntly.
'' so in other words , sticking up for me .''
You smirked under your mask at the sudden protectiveness.

'' No...just get back to work or something..''
He sighed while walking off .
He walked out of the gym and he started walking down the hallway until Gaz popped out of the blue with a smirk on his face.
'' seems someone has a crush..''
He smirked giddily .
'' fuck off garrick .''
He said sternly before storming off somewhere leaving Gaz confused but amused.

It was clear on how he felt towards you and everyone had started to see it , it was clear that Gaz and the others were gonna make fun of him for a while.

One's actions are louder than their words but keep quiet forever and soon all will be heard...