Chapter Three

We headed inside U.A. and into the teachers lounge, I was hoping no one else would be there, but there sat All Might at a desk doing something on the computer.

"Don't mind us, All Might." Mr. Aizawa said casually as he offered me a chair.

"Hello, Aizawa and young Kaminari. Have you been up to no good?" He asked me.

"Um, no sir." I tried to stop, but I began to cough again.

All Might looked concerned, but Mr. Aizawa waved him off and sat in front of me.

"You can start by showing me what's in your pocket."

I shakily moved my hand to grab the petal I had hidden from him, but at the last second I reached for something else that was in my pocket.

The only other thing I had in there was my student ID, so I pulled that out and showed it to him.

"Kaminari..." He murmured as he pinched the bridge of his nose in annoyance, "There is no way that fit in your mouth, and plus, the thing I saw was red."

I noticed All Might peeking his head over the monitor curiously.

I frowned at the floor, put my hand back in my pocket and took out the petal.

I didn't look at him as I spread my hand out, with it resting on my palm.

"I-It was a dare. Someone dared me to eat it."

If it was possible, Mr. Aizawa seemed to get even more annoyed.

"You are the worst liar in the world." He seemed like he was about to start pulling his hair out.

"Not to intrude..." we both looked up to see All Might walking over to us, "But, are you saying that young Kaminari here spit that up?"

Mr. Aizawa nodded at him, "He won't stop lying to me about it though."

"I-I'm not lying!!" I made a terrible effort to defend myself.

"See? There he goes again." My teacher stood up and swiped the flower petal out of my hand to look at it closer.

Then he showed it to All Might, "What do you think?"

He thought for a second then replied, "It's definitely a flower."

As Mr. Aizawa sighed, All Might quickly waved his hands around and said, "Wait! Uh... I heard that flowers are supposed to represent something, let's go on my computer!!"

He ran over to it and we both followed him considerably less enthusiastically.

He started typing onto his keyboard, then read aloud, "Their deep red hues evoke feelings of passion, love, and lust - Nah, too young for that - making them an especially popular choice for new, younger couples."

Mr. Aizawa crossed his arms, but continued to listen.

"They can also mean "believe me" or "my feelings are true." So, the next time you're trying to woo the person you admire, send them an alluring bouquet of red tulips."

"You didn't have to add the last part, All Might."

"Hey! I was just reading, I wasn't coming up with that stuff myself!" He defended himself.

"Yeah, yeah." Mr. Aizawa turned to me, "So, who are you in love with?"

"W-WHAT?!" I spluttered, "WHAT EVEN MAKES YOU THINK THAT!?"

"For starters, your reaction. And also the fact you regurgitated a tulip."

I mean- he's right! But, what am I supposed to say to that?!