Chapter 36: Aiyana

I greedily gulped down mouthfuls of delicious chicken noodle soup, and wiped my mouth when I finished. It tasted like the soup my mom used to make me, and I smiled gently thinking about her.

"Hey, Princess." Kyrin walked into my room, with a bouquet of flowers.

"What's this for?" I asked, my smile growing,

"Their for you. I chose lilies because I know they are you favourite flower." He explained, and placed the bouquet in a vase next to my bed.

"Thank you Kyrin. They're beautiful." Kyrin smiled at me, and took a seat on the bed next to me.

"How are your wounds healing?" He asked,

"They're getting better." I pulled the blankets off my body, and showed Kyrin the bloody bandages on my legs, arms, and stomach. The guy reached forward, and I blinked in confusion as he took off the bandage on my stomach, and examined the wound.

"It looks better than before. Hang on." Kyrin leapt to his feet, and came back with bandages. The guy carefully placed the bandages on my stomach, and wrapped them around, being as gentle as possible. I thanked the brown haired guy, and was about to say something, but the guy cut me off my slamming his lips against mine. It was a gentle kiss, but one that was also longing.

"Kyrin, I can't." I pushed the guy away, and he looked at me with confusion. Kyrin sighed,

"I'm sorry Aiyana. But I love you." He leaned forward again, and I didn't have time to react as he kissed me again. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Lucas walking into the room. The black haired guy froze when he saw us, and in a second, he was sprinting out of the room.

"Stop!" I pushed Kyrin, and got to my feet, running after Lucas. I clutched my stomach as horrible pains overwhelmed me, and I found myself leaning against buildings for support, as I walked through the streets of my village. "Lucas, please..." I felt tears burning my cheeks, but I continued on. The pain was getting to be too much, but I didn't care. "Don't do this!" I screamed, and then I saw the black haired guy. He looked at me,

"You never told me you had feelings for Kyrin." Lucas growled, and I tried to stop the tears,

"Lucas, I love you. Not him, well, not anymore." I explained, but Lucas turned his back,

"Goodbye Aiyana." He turned his back,

"Where are you going!" I shrieked,

"To join the rebels."

"You can't do this to me, please." I cried, and collapsed to the ground in a heap. I started sobbing like an upset child, and I buried my face in my hands. "Grim did the same thing to me Lucas. Do you want to be like him?" Lucas stopped and turned to look at me,

"Aiyana, the reason I am a Catori now is because of you. You helped me see the good in your race, and well, I fell for you." My eyes widened in shock at what he said.

"Then stay." I said seriously. "Lucas, Kyrin has always had feelings for me. But, when I got to know you, I began to fall for you, not him. Please, don't leave." I watched the guy turn around, and my mouth dropped in shock, and I wiped away the tears from my face. At the last second, Lucas turned back around, and darted toward me, pushing his lips against mine.

"I'll stay." He pulled away and whispered in my ear. I smiled at the guy, and leaned my forehead against his.

"Thank you." I whispered back, and he smiled and placed his hands on my waist, pulling my body closer to his. I giggled, and was about to kiss him when he covered his mouth, and sneezed. "Ew!" I pretended to look disgusted, and Lucas let out a chuckle.