Chapter 29: Lucas

I couldn't stop the headache from coming.
One moment, I was a general of the human army, respected by every soldier. The next, I'm suddenly about to be executed.
I sat on the ground and watched Aiyana. I also forgot to mention we just shared a tender moment.
I mean, I've kissed other girls but.. Aiyana wasn't like the other girls who fawned over me. It was nice for a change too.
I ran a hand through my messy hair, but I suddenly remembered something, and cursed mildly as I stood up.
"I need my father's sword." I told her, and she stared at me quizically.
"Can't we just make you a new one?" She asked, and I shook my head immediately.
"No, that sword is extremely important. Besides, if anybody else tries to use it, they'll end up hurt." I explained to her, and she nodded slowly.
"But how are we going to get it?" She asked, and I smirked slightly.
"Remember, I was a general of that castle. I know the entire area like the back of my hand. I'll be able to find it. Plus I'm part assasin too." I said to her, and she smiled.
"Well I'll take you there, and I shifted uncomfortably.
"I'd rather you didn't." I said softly, and she flared up as she glared at me.
"What, do you think I'm not strong enough?" She accused, and I shook my head.
"No, it's just going to be easier for me to go on my own. I've always done missions on my own, and it'll be easier to trick some of the guards who don't know of my execution." I explained, and she sighed but agreed.
Something told me she was going to follow anyway, though.
I slipped away, and watched the castle gates carefully. It was indeed going to be hard to get in. But the knights here are useless fighters. If they even register the thought to take up a sword against me. Of course, I don't have a weapon though.
I narrowed my eyes, and as soon as a knight turned the corner and walked past me, I grabbed him and dragged him into the shadows and quickly knocked him unconscious.
I stole his sword. It was light to use, and awkward to hold. But even this could help me defend myself.
I carefully snuck over the castle wall, and snuck into the city. The castle was actually in the middle and surrounded by a city where residents live.
I kept to the shadows though since I blended in well with my dark hair and my dark armor.
It was all going well until a little boy saw me.
"Hey it's the general!" He shouted. I had the worst luck ever because a knight heard the boy and ran at me, drawing his sword and slashing at me.
I was quick enough to at least parry, before my head got chopped off.
"In front of a boy? Really?" I hissed as I narrowly pushed him over, not inflicting any flesh wounds because I don't want to scar the poor child mentally.
I rushed to the castle, and went back to the shadows.
I got ti the garden, and was surprised to see the human princess standing there.
"Lucas!" She gasped, and rushed over to me.
"I heard of your trial to execution. How could you?" She asked and hugged me tightly.
But before I knew what was going on, because of all the adrenaline rushing through me, I found my lips being pushed against hers.
But another second later, the princess was on the ground, with the catori princess standing over her with her machete pointing at her throat.
My head was spinning badly already, but this wasn't helping a bit.
"Aiyana!" I snapped, and she averted her eyes from the princess to glare at me.
"I told you not to come!" I growled, and she shrugged.
"I'm not getting in the way, am I?" She asked innociently. I facepalmed, but stayed silent as I stared at her.
"Lets just go." I grumbled, and Aiyana smirked and drew her machete away.
"W-wait are you after the sword?" The princess called to us, and we both turned to her.
"Yeah." I said slowly and watched her as she stood up and brushed herself off.
"It's in your old room. They put it there for a treat for the next general to take your place."
Anger filled me as I glared at the castle.
"Idiots." I muttered as I ran off without another word.
I ran through the castle silently, and found my way to my room.
I picked the lock, like I've done many times before because of me accidently leaving my key inside of the room.
My room was exactly the way I left it. Neat.
I quickly went to my closet, and breathed in delight when my sword was there, waiting for me.
I grabbed it and felt the power crackle through my fingers. So I quickly put it on my back.
I turned to Aiyana and smiled.
"Alright lets go." She said to me, and I nodded in agreement.
But as I was closing the door, I paused to look at the stars drawn on the ceiling. I just realized I was saying goodbye to my old life. And even joining the catori.
I looked at Aiyana, and I already felt homesick. I already miss Scott, Rebecca, Sam, the rest of my army, and Trisha...
I released the air I was holding, and closed the door. Only to be face to face with the kings right hand man.
"I always knew you'd betray us Lucas." The man growled as he pulled a rapier from his sheath.
I pulled out my own sword, and glared at him.
"Aiyana go ahead. People will try to capture you if they hear all this commotion.
"What about you?' She demanded as she pulled out her machete and I smirked.
"I'm not going to let them get me again. Besides, I want to be a catori now." I told her, and got into a battle stance.
I heard the princess run down the hall and exit, before I flickered my gaze onto the man.
He struck forward quickly, but I quickly shot my sword up and deflected the sword with it upwards.
It almost fell out of his fingers, but he tightened his grip quickly and aimed to punch me.
I backed away and saw his chance when he put his weight and focus into punching me, and hit his exposed arm with my sword.
He screamed out as my sword sliced through the arm, and left the appendage as it was, before I stabbed through him.
He stared at me as I stared at him, and I withdrew the sword.
"You.." He rasped, as magic began to seep throgh him from the sword, and I sheathed it quickly.
I turned away and ran after the princess.
As soon ad I reached her in the forest, she hugged me tightly.
"Idiot." She whispered, and I hugged her back.
"Hey, at least we're free." I told her softly, and led us away from the castle.