Chapter 16

The entire trip home was silent as the dead, Dagur was nowhere to be seen.

I was out on the front deck, looking out into the deep blue sea, the sky was dark and shined with stars.

I couldn't sleep again, probably the third night in row I could fall asleep, at least I had my own room for the last couple of nights, even though it didn't help at all.

Dagur hadn't come out since we left Outcast island, not even to see me, to check if I was okay.

And whenever I did see or heard anything from him, he would be stone cold, as if I wasn't even here.

I sighed and placed my hand on my stomach."What am I going to do?" I whispered to the little bump."How are we going to make this work?"

This was all my fault, every time I open my eyes I could see Heather reaching out to me, covered in blood while looking at me with tearful eyes, begging for help when Alvin drove his sword into her back, watching her slowly die right before me.

I felt numb, she was dead because of me, all because we were escaping and trying to get our dragons back, maybe we should have gone with Dagur? Then maybe she would still be here with us, and not a cold corpse.

Then a felt a small flutter inside of me, catching me off guard, I smiled again and hoped this baby would come into the world safely.

A cold breeze washed over me, sending chills all over my body, I pulled the the fur blanket I brought out with me, closer to my skin.

I should probably go back inside, but I didn't want too, I was still scared of being near Dagur, worried I would run into him in his...state of mind.

Even if I did want to leave right now, I had no idea where Toothless's tail fin was, either back on Outcast island or Dagur had it so I wouldn't run away again.

Then I heard someone coming up behind me, I jumped and quickly turned around and came into face with one of the guards.

"Dagur wants to see you." He said calmly while placing his hand on my back and leading me away from the deck, taking me down below where Dagur was.

Everything was quiet the entire way down, I made no eye contact with the man, after a few minutes we finally reached the final door.

I didn't want to go in, I could bare the thought of it, I kept blaming myself the entire time.

The man opened the door for me and gently pushed me in, before leaving me alone.

Dagur's back was turned against me, next to him was Heather's body, covered by a white sheet as he still cradled her in his arms, a small spot of blood was starting to seep out.

I stood where I was, frozen in my place as I watched Dagur holding his dead sister.

My heart still ached for him, even if he is a crazy mad man, no one deserves to go through this, if this happened to me I would probably throw myself off a cliff or take an ax to the head.

After a few minutes of just standing there, Dagur finally moved, turning around and looking at me.

His eyes were red and a little puffy from all the crying and anger, it looked like he hadn't slept in days, nor eaten or drink anything, bags were under his eyes, looking right back at me, some anger, some just sadness.

I stepped back from him, afraid he would still attack me, I didn't have anything to protect me, so I was pretty much helpless.

Then without saying anything Dagur turned away, still holding Heather in his arms.