Chapter 21

Hiccup's P.O.V

I was being held in my father's arms, keeping me warm the entire night in our cold wet cell.

It was my first night being back with my dad, it almost didn't feel real when I woke up to find him still hanging on to me the entire night, the only comfort I had was him and his body heat.

I snuggled into his shoulder and kept both of my hands over my belly, trying to keep myself warm the entire time, the baby kept kicking, wanting food, but that wouldn't happen until late morning.

Dad promised he would give me some of his share of food, just to get us through the day, I hated this.

I was hoping we would get fed soon, but not with my luck, the only thing we were lucky to have was water.

I kept waking up every now and then, the baby was still squirming around inside, not making things easy for me like always.

I felt her little foot pressing against my upper belly, poking at my hand as I smiled softly, whispering her to hold on until her father shows up.

I knew our baby would be a daddy's girl, if she was far or without Dagur she would always let me know, it's been days and now it feels like none stop kicking, she will be a warrior one day.

Dad held me a little tighter at my sudden movement, knowing I was awake."Hiccup?" He trailed up off looking at me softly, still trying to get over the fact I was still here, alive in his arms.

I was the same, I felt a spark of happiness flooding in me as I clutched onto him a little tighter, I almost felt like a little kid again, but this time it was all real, I was still here with my dad, giving me some hope and relief.

But it wasn't the same as Dagur.

"How'd you sleep?" I asked him.

He sighed and shook his head at me."I'm just happy that you're still alive." Right after he said that he gave me another hug, feeling his massive hand on my face while the other supported me the entire time.

He was afraid of losing me again, he wasn't going to be taking the chance of losing me again to Dagur, or anyone in this case.

I didn't know how any of this would turn out, after this is all over, who would I be living with? That is if my dad doesn't kill Dagur right on the spot before I have this baby.

But that wasn't the only thing I wasn't afraid off, I was afraid of what Viggo was going to do to me, I think dad knew what he really wanted to do, I was more valuable than ever, he was going to use my condition against me and gods knows what else.

"How far are you?" My dad took my chin, looking at me with a serious tone, looking down at me then placing one of his hand on my stomach, worried I was getting ready to pop this kid out at any given moment, but I still had two months to go.

But dad was still going to treat me like a child, he wasn't going to let anything bad happen to me, after what I told him I wouldn't be shocked if he wanted every Beserker dead.

Who could blame him? Gobber would be the same too, same goes to everyone else here in the village.

"Eight months now." I said placing a hand on my belly."I still have time dad."

He didn't look to convince when I said that, looking scared to know how far I really was, the last thing we both wanted was to have a baby in a cell.

I didn't know if my dad had any idea about having a baby, I mean he raised me but did he have any clue about childbirth? That was one thing I had to ask him about later.