Chapter 23

Hiccup's P.O.V

I still wrapped up in Dagur's arms, feeling his hot breath going down my neck, my body ached when I first moved, I groaned a little when my eyes locked onto the crib.

I slowly got up, my lower body ached so badly, but I pushed my legs against the floor, slowly standing up and making my way towards it.

I smile spread right across my face when I leaned down and picked up the tiny bundle, cradling her in my arms weakly, this was it, she was finally here.

It almost didn't feel real, like it was all a dream, she made a small noise, squirming in my arms for a moment, letting out a small yawn.

Baby's breath I thought, you never really forget that smell do you, I struck two of my fingers out, letting her little hand grip onto them.

My smile grew even wider, how could she be so perfect? She had her father's thick dark red hair, and my tiny little nose.

She was going to be a feisty one I just knew it deep down.

"You should be resting." Dagur was wide awake, I didn't hear him getting out of bed.

I shrugged."I just wanted to hold her." Looking down at her, she was starting to wake up, letting out a small whimper.

"Shhhh." I rocked her in my arms.

"She's probably hungry, she hasn't eaten yet." Dagur started to lead me back to the bed.

"Here let me help you up." He got me up in his arms, placing me back on the bed.

Heather was fully awake, reaching for my chest, wanting her milk."I know little one, I know." I whispered to her, I started to unlace my tunic.

"Hiccup let me help you with her." He held her head while I tried getting my tunic undone, she quickly latched onto my nipple, suckling very hungrily on it.

She must have been starving all night, probably too tired from the delivery, but I finally have her.

Dagur couldn't help but smile down at her, running a few fingers through her thick hair.

Heather managed to go a few more minutes of feeding before pulling away from me, letting out a small yawn, I pulled her up to my shoulder, patting her lightly on the back until she let out a small burp.

Once again I let her rest in my arms a bit longer, never wanting to let her go.

Dagur would still take of of her little hands, letting her fingers grasped onto his, it was hard to think what he used to do to me and now this? How could a man who used to rape and hurt me, be so kind and gentle to our new born? It changed him I guess, in good way.

How was our daughter going to turn out? would she be witty and inventive like me? or would she be deranged like her father?

What the village going to think of me now? I'm with the enemy, not by choice...or at least not a first.

I didn't plan on having a baby with Dagur, I never planned on falling in love with him at all, I thought I would be dead by now, but no I am alive with a baby swaddled in my arms with Dagur holding me, looking at me with love in his eyes.

I didn't even notice I drifting in and out, not until Dagur nudged me."Hey? what's wrong?" He whispered.

I shook my head."I...I'm scared Dagur."

He looked at me, almost confused."Scared of what babe?"

"Everything." I whispered."What are my people going to think of me now?" I looked back at him."When they see me and the baby, what are they going to say?" My voice was starting to tremble, waiting for him to say something witty or telling me to forget about them.