37. Darling

Bad dreams / Sandor Clegane out now!

War was upon them. the chimes and battle drums rang out as the soldiers prepared for battle.

'Remember wait until-'

'The ships are in the bay.' Bronn said 'I know.'

'They must be far enough in.' Tyrion reminded him.

'I know what IN means... do you know how to use that?' Bronn questioned looking down at the axe in tyrions hand.

'I chopped wood once no... I watched my brother chopping wood once.' Tyrion admitted looking down to the axe.

'I saw you kill a man with a shield you'll be unstoppable with an axe... don't get killed' Bronn said shaking his hand.

"Sansa-" jae whispered.

"I wish you werent going out there." Sansa declared hugging him to her.

"I'm sorry darling, I have to, I'm going to fight to keep you safe, dont worry, we will see each other when its over." Jae assured. "But, Sansa what are you doing out here?" Jae questioned. 

"Joffrey," Sansa need not say more, Jae understood, she hugged him tight locking her arms around him. 

"Dont die out there. I will pray for your safety, I pray you return to... me." Sansa whispered. 

"I will find you, remember what I said about barring the door." Jae remarked. 

"The queen asked me to join her and the other ladies." Sansa whispered. 

"Keep your guard up." jae instructed. He pulled a little blade from his belt. Sansa stared down at it. "Would it be okay if I gave this to you?" Sansa tensed.

"I wouldnt know what to do with a blade." Sansa countered but she helf out her hand and jae delicately placed it in her hand. 

 "Stab 'em with the pointy end." Jae instructed kissing her cheek. "I hope you dont have to use it but better safe than sorry." Sansa hugged him again tucking the blade into her dress, touching the hilt of the blade delicately. "I will see you soon." Jae assured. 

'Nor you my friend.' Tyrion told him.

'Are we friends now?' Bronn questioned his eyes drifting to Shae and Sansa. 

''Of course we are just because I pay you doesn't diminish our friendship.''

''It enhances it, really.' Bronn agreed

'It enhances it? fancy word for a sell sword.' Tyrion remarked.

'I've been spending time with fancy folks.' Bronn told him.

'Lady Sansa and Sarah?' Tyrion said

'Shae' she corrected bitterly.

'Yes Shae of course I'm sorry. Surely my sister has asked you to join her and the other highborn ladies?' Tyrion told Sansa

'She has my Lord but King Joffrey has asked for me to send him off.' Joffrey and Sandor appeared, Joffrey was swinging around a blade he wouldn't use as he prepared to quiver in the corner while the real men fought.

'He's always been a great romantic.' Tyrion told her, as Joffrey called out to her.

'Sansa! come here!' Joffrey demanded. Jae moved to Sandors side giving him a nod. 

'I will pray for your safe return my Lord.' Sansa said turning back to Tyrion

'Will you?' Tyrion questioned

'Just as I pray for the kings.' Sansa said turning around

'Stay safe my lady.'

'And you my lion.' Shae said quietly before following Sansa.