Chapter.13

Chapter.13
_________________________________________

After two weeks of being bedridden, I could finally walk again, the pain was bearable, it was still there but it was bearable. I had gotten out of the bed by myself, I was proud.

I walked to the bathroom and washed  my face, I combed through my hair with my fingers and washed my mouth out with mouthwash since I didn't have a tooth brush or toothpaste.

After doing all that, I walk back into the guest room. I was beginning to stretch but was stopped by a boom, it knocked me to the floor, the house shook, some pictures fell off the walls shattering as they hit the floor.

I got up from the floor, I was expecting for someone to come to the room and tell me what the hell was going on but no one came. I started to get worried, I approached the door, my hand hovered over the door handle. "Fuck it" I said before opening the door.

Smoke had filled the whole house, I coughed as I made my way down the hallway.

I limped down the stairs, the smoke only got worse. I could hear their cries of pain, I started to have a panic attack, I thought I was gonna die.

Thats when I heard heavy breathing coming from beside of me I turned to see who it was. There Felix laid with a piece of a wooden chair in his thigh. His face was busted up in a few places.

We made eye contact, I gasped and covered my mouth.

"Go... just go" He said, I could tell he was in severe pain. "They're here for you" he said after a moment of silence.

"Elodie!"

I heard a familiar voice, it was Nathan.

I looked in the direction I was hearing it from, I couldn't see him. I looked down at Felix again. "Just go" He said to me, I stood there having a mental battle with myself. I didn't have much time.

"Fuck" I said.

I bent down to help him "What the fuck are you doing?" He asked, I placed his arm over my shoulder and tried picking him up "You have to help me here" I told him before meeting his eyes, our faces just inches apart.

He started to help me, he used his good leg to stand up. I tried my hardest to not fall as he leaned almost his whole body weight against me. We stepped through the debris, the smoke making it harder and harder to breathe.

I saw an unknown man, he was armed and roaming the hallways. I pulled us back, hiding behind one of the walls. I waited til the man was gone before making a run for it outside.

Surprisingly nobody saw us, we made it outside, the rain was pounding down on the both of us as I tried my best to get us over to the car. There were men piling into the house as we left, I was very grateful that there was a car in the backyard. It was an old car, it looked like it hadn't been used in a long time.

I got us to the car, I opened the passenger door as Felix let go of me. I helped him inside, he closed the door behind him as I made my way around the vehicle to the driver's side.

"Where are the others?" I asked Felix.

He groaned in pain "They had to run errands" he replied.