Chapter.31

Chapter.31
_________________________________________

Nathan lights a cigarette as we hide behind the dumpsters. I glance at him from the corner of my eye. He puffs on the cancer stick before releasing the smoke from his lungs.

"What's wrong with you?" He asks me and looks over at me. I meet his eyes, "You look tense." He pointed out. I was, in fact, tense. My palms were sweaty, and my heart was racing.

"I just have a bad feeling." I replied. I looked down at my feet and gulped. Seokjin is dangerous. He taught me how to fight and took care of me when I had no one. I still can't believe what he has done.

Nathan patted me on the back. "Have faith," he threw me a smile. I rolled my eyes at him, "I mean, it is your birthday, after all." He said. Yeah, I don't want to be reminded. One of us might lose our lives tonight, and I'm terrified.

I look down at Nathan's pocket as his phone lights up. He grabbed his phone and answered the call before pressing it to his ear.

"Hello... okay, see ya." Nathan said before ending the call. He stuffed the phone back in his pocket before turning to me. "The guards outside have been taken down. All we have now is the guards in the back." He said.

I nodded, "You ready?" He asked me. I shook my head. He grabbed my head and pressed his forehead against mine. "We got this, sis." He said, I closed my eyes and took deep breaths. He hugged me tightly, but I hugged hom tighter.

We let go of eachother, he dropped his cigarette on the ground and crushed it with his boot. I watched as he grabbed a metal pipe lying on the ground. He launched it in the air, and the pipe made a loud sound that echoed through the alley way.

The two guards turned their heads. They pulled their guns from their pockets and approached the alley way.

Me and Nathan snuck behind the guards. He pulled his pistol out with a silencer and shot one of the guards. I jumped on the other guards back and snapped his neck before he could squeal.

"Good job, sis." Nathan whispered.

We shared a high five.

We made our way into the club, we stopped, and scanned our surroundings. I looked up, and a chill ran down my spine. Seokjin was at a table in the vip room having a drink with Felix and Chris.

Their job is to distract him.

We are supposed to detain his men. I dreaded it.

Hyunjin, Changbin, Minho, and Jisung were nowhere to be found. "Ok, you go up those stairs, and I will check the bottom floor." Nathan said.

I nodded. I was about to go, but Nathan grabbed my arm. He hugged me one last time. "Love you, sis." He said before letting go of me. "Just in case something goes wrong." He said with a laugh.

"Don't fucking say that to me." I said.

He glanced behind me and then met my eyes again. "Alright, see ya." He said before leaving my sight.

I looked at the crowd in front of me and took another deep breath. I chose this... I need to be stronger than this. "Fuck it." I said before going up the stars. I threw my hoodie over my head and stuffed my hands in my pockets.