Aftermath

Be sure to click on that little orange star and vote!

Follow me:

Wattpad: D4RKST4R720

Instagram: c.hloe.wn

AND CHECK OUT MY OTHER STORIES! (if you haven't already)

Ideas byMarigold_781

About: In Season 5 Episode 6, Shashi told Tony that Layla would always have a special place in her heart for him. Bothered by these words, Tony has difficulty figuring out where he and Layla stand. Will he finally have the guts to confess his feelings? 

Comment down below to get your results at the end of the week! (Private Messages are also okay if you want to stay anonymous) No comments? No fun stories to read! Happy reading and commenting!

⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆

Frostee POV

     After defeating the Toretto virus, everything went back to normal. In fact, the crew is throwing a party to celebrate their victory. I'm not sure if they should be celebrating so soon. Trouble comes pretty quickly with the crew around. I heard Cisco's laughter coming from the garage. Following the sound, the spy racers sat there, talking and laughing. "Hey, Frostee, come join us!" Tony gestured me over. I smiled. These guys are so sweet (most of the time).

"We were just talking about if Layla or I would make a better killer AI car. It's definitely me, though. Sudarikov made the right choice."Tony placed his hands on his hips and smiled.

"No way!" Layla crossed her arms. "Let's race to find out."

We all groaned. "Not again!" I cried.

⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆

Tony POV

"You're just jealous, 'cause Layla's always had a special place in her heart for me." Shashi's voice echoed around in my head. I was so sure that Layla liked me back, but Shashi's words made me feel doubtful.

"Hey, Toretto!" Layla's voice pulled me out of my head. "You coming?"

"Yeah," I called, following her over to our cars.

⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆

     A green light flashed in front of me, and we sped off. I looked out my open car window and saw Layla right next to me. She held up two fingers, flashing me the peace sign and a charming smile. She didn't look or feel as stressed as I was about winning the race. I thought back to the first time I had ever raced with her. It was when the crew and I had snuck into a SH1FT3R race, undercover. (Layla found out that I wasn't Mitch.) Now, she was part of our crew. Layla has changed a lot. The first time I met her, she was Shashi's partner-in-crime. Thinking about Shashi made me think of the night in the woods, with Shashi saying that Layla has a special place in her heart for him. A sharp pang of jealousy shot through me. I shifted uncomfortably in my driver's seat.

     The wind blowing roughly against my face brought me back to reality. 'You are in a race against Layla to prove that you would make a better killer AI.' I reminded myself. I growled at Layla's car, which was a few inches ahead of me, determined to win the race. The finish line was now visible and coming in fast. I didn't bother looking over at Layla; it would slow me down.

     Crossing the finish line was the best feeling ever, but what was not the best feeling ever was being tied with your opponent. "I want a rematch!" Layla said, fuming that she lost (tied) the race.

"No more rematches!" Frostee shouted.

"Yeah! We are supposed to be celebrating." Cisco agreed.

"What's that smell?" Echo asked, sniffing the air. There was a burning smell.

"Oh NO! The barbecue is on fire!" Cisco screamed. Frostee and Echo followed him to help put out the fire.

"Nothing ever gets boring with you guys around." Layla laughs, sitting on the hood of her car.

I sat down next to her. "Hey, Layla?"

"Yeah?" She looked off into the distance, where the sun had already set, the stars were coming out. The moon shone brightly through the night sky.

"Can I ask you a question?"

"You already did."

I took that as a yes. "What was Shashi saying that night," I took a deep breath, "About you having a place in your heart for him. Before Rusty came and interrupted."

"Are you still jealous, Toretto? I told you it was nothing." But then she realized that I wasn't joking. Now her eyes seemed wider and more alert.

"I want to know the truth. Was it true? Everything he said?"

"Everyone, you, Shashi, the crew," she exhaled, "you all are special to me. No one is more important than anyone else."

I thought about it and then asked her hesitantly. "Can I ask you another question?"

She nodded in response.

"That night, when we were outside," I paused. "Were you going to kiss me?" This was what was scaring me the most. Hearing what words come out of her mouth next.

Layla looked terrified as well, but she slowly looked into my eyes. The air around us became very warm. "You always stood out to me, Toretto, always putting everyone first. I like that about you. I also like how you can be so dumb but so cute sometimes."

I smile at that. "What does that mean?"

"It means I like you." She confessed, turning a bright shade of red.

I put my hands on either side of her face softly. "What did you say?"

     "I said, I like you a lot, you moron." She's annoyed now but leans in, closing the space between us, and pressing her lips onto mine. My hands travel to her back, pulling her closer to me and deepening the kiss. I feel her smile against my lips, and she combs her fingers through my hair. She slowly breaks the kiss, but then I hold on to her tightly, pulling her into a hug. "I'm going to punch you if you don't let go," she threatens.

I sigh. "Fine." I take her hands and lock our gazes. "But I like you too, Layla. A lot."

⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆

Comment down below to get your results at the end of the week! (Private Messages are also okay if you want to stay anonymous) No comments? No fun stories to read! Happy reading and commenting!