Better Than Bruised

Be sure to click on that little orange star and vote!

Follow me:

Wattpad: D4RKST4R720

AND CHECK OUT MY OTHER STORIES! (if you haven't already)

Ideas by: Anonymous

About: Multiple people had similar requests, so I mashed them all into one story. I hope that's okay! (Y/n) is Tony Toretto's younger half-brother. He grew up in an abusive household, and his mother deeply resented him because of his uncanny physical appearance toward his father, Shashi. (Y/n) develops a love for racing by watching Tony and decides to sneak to a SH1FT3R race, unaware of who and what he would meet.

Use this Link to request: https://forms.gle/dmvxVyU2zpbMhkjm7

⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆

(Y/n)  POV

"(Y/n)!" My mom shrieked as I ran away, dodging the rocks she threw at me, "You're just like your good-for-nothing two-bit loser father! Don't you ever come back! If I see you again, I'll make you REGRET it!" Not turning back, I run until I reach my elder brother Tony's house. It was dark and locked. I found the spare key under the ceramic beluga whale that he kept on his porch and went inside. 

He's not home, what should I do? I reached for the landline and dialed his number. "Tony, where are you? I'm at your house." 

I heard rustling on the other end before Tony replied, "I'm at a SH1FT3R race. I'll call you back." The line went dead.

Pulling out a chair, I sat down and inspected the angry swollen welts on my arms that my mom gave me. SH1FT3R race? I have to go! I broke Tony's piggy bank open and prayed he wouldn't get mad. I gathered the coins in my pocket and headed for the bus station. 

⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆

"Ticket?" A muscular man scowled down at me. 

"Uh. . . I lost it. But my brother is inside."

The man shook his head and closed the gates. "No ticket, no entry."

Stunned, I looked around. I'd used all my (Tony's) money on the bus tickets and had no way of contacting Tony. I walked around the stadium looking for a way in. No vents or sewage systems could take me in, so I ended up at the security booth again. The man inside was glaring at me so I backed away. 

What if I hid inside a car? I wandered over to a long line of cars waiting to get in and saw my perfect hiding spot in the back of a pick-up truck.

⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆

"Ladies and Gentlemen! Welcome to the Annual Deathstar race! Top drivers from every district will compete in this race with challenging terrains. The winner will receive a cash prize of 1 million dollars and a special dinner with Shashi Dhar and Layla Gray." The announcer shouted into the microphone and the crowd whooped and screamed.

I should've bought earplugs. Why does he need to shout? He has a mic already.

 When the race began, I felt a thrill, as if I was competing in the race myself. I watched as a driver jerked his steering wheel to the left, narrowly missing a flame thrower. His car skidded and bumped into a black truck that rammed his way through the car, crushing it. It was crushed and smoking so badly. I wondered if the driver was all right.

One thing I like about SH1FT3R races is that they are unpredictable. That's when I felt someone tap my shoulder. I turned around to see two burly people, one male, and one female. They dragged me out of the bleachers and into a dark room. They tied me tightly to a chair and they chloroformed me.

⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆

"Good, you're coming to. What were you thinking? Sneaking into my race like this?" The infamous Shashi Dhar stared at me, Layla Gray flanking his side.

"Whoa. . . freaky. Shashi, he looks a lot like you." Layla inspected me. 

"Wait. . ." I started to say. "Do you know my mom? Stella?"

Shashi gasped. "Y/n?"

"Dad?"

⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆