Chapter 13-Earthshaking Power

I was not as fortunate when it came to avoiding fae going back to my room. Cassian had caught me. Apparently, Rhysand insisted on holding a meeting he wished for me to join. Everyone grew concerned when they couldn't find me.

Going down the halls, I noticed a number of them had been repaired. No more cracks, no more fallen lights, or broken furniture. The stone walls and floors shined like they were newly polished. So much so that I could see the reflection of Cassian and I walking in them.

I didn't bother looking at the room. Just sat down and stared into nothing. No Lucien or Elain today, just the circle and myself. I was here for a reason. Maybe my father was obsessed with the Dusk Court because of me. Azriel seemed to know it. Did he tell Rhysand his suspensions? Did they know the earthquake was me?

"Cy, I'm glad you are okay! Earthquakes are rare in Prythian, and we just want to know if we should be expecting more," Rhysand explained. Great! "How strong was it? The damage looked bad, and a lot of rocks fell into the city below..."

"I don't know if I can help. I sleep through it," I stated to make it seem an innocent accident. Maybe so the Inner Circle would even let me leave.

Azriel confirmed as much, and I was simply having a nightmare at the time. Rhysand's eyebrow raised, "What about? Where are you shaken?"

"N...no. I really don't think my nightmare will help anything."

Surprisingly, he believed me. No one pried any farther. The circle let me stay as they discussed repairing damages, mostly on the house. How strange it was that the house is the only place affected. Structure and stability of the mountain... Once all seemed well, the meeting was dismissed.

I almost ran out of the room, but Rhysand stopped me before I left, "Cy, can we talk some more?"

No. No! NO! Morrigan gave Rhysand a look but continued out the room. Rhysand paced a bit, opening his mouth on occasion as if about to speak but deciding against it. Do not ask if it was me. Don't ask if it was me. Finally, he got out, "What was your nightmare about? I caught pieces when I checked on you. Once the earthquake started, that is. I left you mind immediately once I saw it."

"Wait? That...that is what you wanted to ask me about?" I ask him. Maybe he was just concerned about me. However, I did have some parts of that nightmare that gave me away.

He paced some more, "Yes. Under the Mountain, it still haunts you. Don't get me wrong, I still get them too, as does Feyre, but... I would never want Cassian, Azriel, Mor, and Amren to know what it was like down there. Even Feyre does not know the whole of the horrors I have faced there. She was there for a month, you and I, years. You and I are the only ones we can truly talk to," he claimed like it was a command.

"I know they could probably not understand what we went through..."

Rhysand's became clouded in darkness, "They can not know! No more than what was already said. Under the Mountain is something they do not need to be burdened with."

Throughout my stay, my cousin was a concerned male caring for his younger relative. This male was terrifying and powerful. His words were spoken softly, but they came clear as a command, a law. "Rhysand, I was there too. When I speak of it, I can leave you out. But I'm not just going to keep quiet once I trust someone enough to speak about it. You may not want them to know, but maybe I'll need fae to."

"Cyra, they have their own problems. Once you get to know them, you'll realize they don't need ours. But it sounds like I won't have to worry about it," his shadows disappeared as he eased up. What does he mean? "Someday, you'll either understand, or you never will grow to trust us completely, Cy. Not unless you get help. Please, tell me about your nightmare."

After that conversation, I didn't want to. Get help? From who? I can't get help if he won't let me! "Cy, I can get you healers that deal with this kind of thing. And the others can help, just not with that..."

"Get out of my head, Rhysand!" I turned to run out. It was clear he was in there to see if I'd think of my nightmare! Whether he meant well or not, he does not get to determine who I do and do not talk to about that. Before I opened the door, something stopped me from leave.

The door was cracked open and ruble on the ground, and the rest of the Circle were running to it, asking if we were okay. Lucien and Elain were even in rhe door way staring at it.

I should have brought more herbs, but with my situation, I couldn't. Power supresding herbs were rare and expensive. Like ash trees, the high fae destroyed most of them to make sure it was not used against them. How my father got hold of a steady supply was beyond me. Why he had me hide it, to keep me safe or to hide his suspicions of me being a Highlady, made me dangerous. I had never learned control enough to handle it on my own. Asking before I was brought here would be suspicious, and asking her would have been an unwelcome conversation. Not to mention, a rare chance they could get it. If the person I asked knew what it was, they'd know what I could do. Never did I consider they'd find out anyway because I shook the whole house to the ground!

Azriel put his hand on my shoulder, snapping me out of my own mind, "Cyra, what are you highfae powers?"