Ch 5

As I'm being dragged into the apartment Rory gives me a stern look. "Go change and I'll get us out some sweets and popcorn." I reluctantly head to my room gently setting the stuffed animal on my bed before taking my clothes off but hesitate when it comes to my binder but eventually take a breath and take it off. I slip on a soft oversized hoodie and pants then head to the living room plopping down on the couch silently. Soon Rory comes in carrying multiple things of junk food and popcorn then sets it all down on the table before going back to the kitchen and hands me a bottle of water I taking it with a quiet "thanks." He nods and gets settled then looks at me expectantly. "Alright so spill. What exactly happened?" I take a breath before launching into an explanation. "Well after you guys left to the rollercoasters Asahi and I went to the gaming area to walk around. Well I spotted that wolf plushie and really wanted it but I didn't want to ask for it but Asahi must have noticed because he drags me over to the gaming station. The man told him the rules after he paid even though I tried to protest but it was a soccer game." Rory cuts me off looking excited. "And he of course won because he's amazing at soccer so he won you the plushie that's so cute!" I give a little chuckle nodding before I remember the next part grimacing. "Well once Asahi gave me the wolf one of the workers made the comment of calling us disgusting queers. And I just froze unable to say anything and Asahi's eyes narrowed at the man but before he could say anything the second man who was working told his coworker to shut up because it was the twenty first century and then he made the comment that Asahi and I were a cute couple and that it was sweet Asahi got me the plushie because I wanted it but he called me Asahi's boyfriend. Well before I could mention we weren't a couple Asahi said thank you then dragged me off." Rory makes a squealing noise before saying excitedly. "That is so cute!" I hold a hand up cutting him off. "Well when we were away from the station I told Asahi he could have just told him we weren't boyfriends and he said that no one should be insulted for being themselves or for who they love and that it doesn't matter if we were a couple or not he shouldn't have said that at all." Rory gives a nod of approval. "Very wise words." I nod then mumble softly. "Then he said that he noticed how much it hurt me so he said we were a couple to get under the guys skin." Rory stares at me before he facepalms. "Wow. He's officially an idiot and I'm so sorry that must've stung to hear." I give a little nod looking down at my lap and Rory immediately pulls me into a tight hug I hugging him back with tears in my eyes. He slowly pulls away and looks at me pitifully. "You really like him don't you?" I give a little sad nod and Rory gives me a sympathetic look before pulling me close and holds me in his arms making sure we're comfortable. I immediately relax and slowly fall asleep feeling a little better after talking to my best friend.

(Rory's Pov)

After making sure Tate is fast asleep I carefully grab my phone before dialing Yoshi's number waiting patiently until he finally picks up. "Hey Jagi what's up?" I smile a little my cheeks warming up a little. "I was talking to Tate about his time with Asahi and I want you to maybe get a feel about what he thinks of Tate because he said something a little stupid and I don't know if he was just being dumb and not thinking or what." I can hear confusion in Yoshi's voice. "What did he say?" I sigh. "Well he defended himself and Tate against a man who called them disgusting queers and didn't mention they weren't together. But when they were away from the booth then he said he only said they were a couple because it would get under the harsh man's skin." I hear Yoshi hiss softly before saying emphatically. "Ouch that had to sting. Is Tate upset?" I sigh and make a soft sad noise. "Yeah. He thinks he has no chance with Asahi and he won't make a move because of his insecurities and personal problems." Yoshi immediately says reassuringly. "I'll talk to him. And we'll hopefully get them together." I smile thanking him then suddenly let out a yawn Yoshi chuckling. "Go to sleep Jagi. I'll talk to you tomorrow." I smile and wish him a goodnight we slowly hanging up and I sigh before snuggling against the couch and slowly fall asleep.