the i love you i didn't say (pt.2)

DAY 2 OF (real) REHEARSAL.

"alright gather around" the teacher said to silence the kids.everyone walked over to her and stood in a half circle.

beomgyu tho was eyeing taehyun the whole time.he felt bad for what happened yesterday and he knew taehyun had cried about it because he knew taehyun well enough to know that the boy is sentimental and emotional.he had wanted to apologize but taehyun blocked him on everything that he could be blocked on and he hadn't found the right time to apologize today.

as he was in deep thought the teacher clapped once again "alright let's start rehearsal" she said and everyone cheered.

(...)

"okay taehyun and beomgyu this scene is very sentimental so please try to put in as much emotion as possible." she said as she placed her cup of tea on the small table in front of her and she fixed up her glasses.

beomgyu sighed knowing this won't go as well as the teacher wanted to.he turned to taehyun and hoped for the best.

they started rehearsing their lines and beomgyu was putting in all the emotions he needed to put in while on the other hand taehyun was giving zero efforts.

"alright..." the teacher said as they finished "that was mildly awkward." she said and got up gathering her stuff. "you two need to rehearse in private to get some chemistry going on." she said as she pointed her finger at both of them before she ran out saying she had to 'pick up her child from school'.

"taehyun please..i— i'm sorry okay but please don't let what happened between us effect how you act.i have seen you on stage and you are absolutely perfect so please just let's try to get through this.we can rehearse in private at my place." beomgyu said trying to reason with taehyun.the blonde sighed rolling his eyes.

"fine."

(...)

the two rehearsed every day after school and it was doing great.they were getting close again.

of course at first taehyun didn't let down his guard and was always serious and smiled only when he was in character.but eventually as the days passed by he started smiling again at beomgyu genuinely.he laughed at beomgyu's mistakes and at his attempts to make taehyun laugh.he was free and happy again.

beomgyu loved that.he loved the fact that he could make taehyun smile.

it was opening night tonight.

the dressing room was hectic with everyone running around and the makeup artists rushing.it finally hit everyone including taehyun and beomgyu that this was the theater life.the broadway life.

"alright everyone you're up in five!!" the teacher said as she waltzed in. "i am so very proud of everyone especially beomgyu for doing so well in rehearsals." she said as she hugged beomgyu.everyone just smiled at him and admired the sincerity.

she pulled away from the hug and patted his cheek "make me proud." she told him and he just smiled and nodded.the teacher then turned around and clapped again "chop chop get ready!!" she said as she walked out.

everyone went back to rushing around again but beomgyu quickly grabbed taehyun's wrist "hey uhm i just wanted to say good luck and you're gonna kill it out there tonight." he said and smiled at the blonde.taehyun smiled back and nodded "thank you..and good luck to you too."

as taehyun walked away beomgyu smiled but he had this weird feeling in his chest.

(...)

the play has ended and everyone was taking pictures with their families with a bunch of flowers in their hands.beomgyu finally escaped the mass of people trying to take photos and he placed all the flowers on a table that was in the dressing room.taehyun came in and did the same and sighed.

"it's like a war field out there everyone trying to take photos and stuff." he said as he started packing up his things.

"yeah.." beomgyu said as he was leaning against the table behind him and looked at taehyun "good job today..i knew you were gonna kill it." beomgyu said and taehyun turned around zipping up his bag. "thank you so much...you did amazing as well." he said and smiled sweetly.

their eyes connected and they felt as is the world around them had stopped and it was just them two.they both felt butterflies in their stomachs and their cheeks and ears heating up.

taehyun cleared his throat breaking the eye contact.

"uhm..is that all?i kinda have to go." taehyun said as he quickly looked up at beomgyu.he hoped to hear three words.eight letters.but beomgyu stayed silent just staring.taehyun pressed his lips together and nodded. "well it was nice spending time with you again.." he said and turned around to walk away.

beomgyu panicked.he stood up straight and his leg was shaking and he mustered up all the courage he needed.

"i love you kang taehyun!!" he yelled and it made taehyun stop in his tracks.he turned around and smiled.

"i have loved you for so many years!!i fell in love with you the moment you wrote that poem for english literature about cats.little silly cats.and the moment we drank so many sodas i threw up and you ran all the way to the convenience store to buy me water.and i know i messed up by not saying it that night but i was so afraid and i ran away but i've been beating myself up since that day for not saying it and gosh how i hate myself for making you feel anything less than amazing and worthy of love."

taehyun chuckled slowly walking closer to beomgyu "beomgyu.." but the brunette just continued rambling "and please just believe me when i say that i have never met anyone so amazing as you" the younger walked closer "choi.." he said trying to make him stop "you bring so much light and happiness in my life and i like myself better if you are by my side!" he rambled "choi beomgyu!!" taehyun yelled and the brunette looked at him.

taehyun just dropped his bag on the floor and pulled beomgyu in a kiss by placing his hands behind the brunettes neck.

beomgyu smiled to himself and placed his hands on taehyun's waist lightly.

the kiss was full of love and sparks flew as they smiled finally being able to be together again.beomgyu tilted his head to the side to deepen the kiss.

taehyun pulled away and looked at the brunette smiling widely.he hugged beomgyu tightly too scare to let go and loose him again.

"i love you too beomgyu..i always have."

——
slay.

LEAVE SOME LOVE GUYYYYSS ;)