Chapter 1

"Why don't you just take a swan dive off a roof, and pray for a quirk in your next life" Katsuki Bakugo grimaced remembering those fateful word The sky was dark and heavy.

The rain poured down on the gathering of people below as if in mourning with those concerned. A picture of a green haired boy stood on top of a casket. Izuku Midoriya, a kid who always had a bright smile, who aspired to be a hero more than anything in the world, committed suicide.

Despite his strong will the constant hate, mistreatment and mockery had chipped away at his mental fortitude and eventually broke when his former best friend told him to kill himself. The school representatives were there in low spirits, ashamed that they let such a thing happen. They knew of his predicament but did nothing despite his numerous reports.

His classmates were openly crying, taking back everything they ever did wrong to him. They bullied him, isolated him and ridiculed him. All because he was quirkless. They always put him down so much that he lost all confidence in himself and eventually became a shy, timid, introverted boy who had zero friends.

Among all of them, Katsuki Bakugo felt the worst. He was his best friend, but the moment his quirk activated, he turned into something else. He became brash, cocky, arrogant and thought he was above everyone else. He bullied his friend, and always pointed out that he'd never amount to anything in life, that he'd always be a loser ... A Deku.

Inko Midoriya cried till she couldn't cry anymore. If only she had supported him more, she should have believed in him, but she didn't, and hearing that her baby boy took his own life broke her. The cemetery was silent as the boy's casket was closed.

Bakugo burst into tears watching the boy he called his best friend all those years being lowered into the ground ...

'What have I done?' he thought still crying.

They crowd eventually discipated, leaving the cemetery. The picture of the boy on his grave the only thing remaining there, in memory of Izuku Midoriya.

***************************

"Ughh ... Where am I?" Izuku asked opening his eyes.

He then remembered all that happened, and what he did.

"I guess I jumped" he said letting out a hollow laugh.

"So I'm really dead" he asked no one in particular but was surprised hearing a voice answer him.

"You aren't dead. At least not yet" a masked man said coming into view.

"W-who are you?" the boy asked in curiosity. The man stepped forward and spoke.

"I am Obito Uchiha. And I'm here with a proposal for you"the man said in a serious voice.

Izuku turned to him with raised eyebrows. "What do you mean?"

"I'm a spirit, I haven't been able to move on after I died, in order for me to do so, I must give up what makes me who I am"

Izuku tilted his head in confusion. The man sighed and continued explaining.

"Short story. I died, can't pass on, and I have to give up my power to be freed" Obito explained.

"And why would you want to give me your power?" Izuku asked.

"I have seen your life, and how much you've had to put up with. With my power, you can get revenge on all those who laughed at you, who treated you like shit. You could take everything away from them. You could get your life back".

Izuku's eyes widened in horror at the thought. "Why would I want revenge!? I wanted to be a hero all my life! I'd be throwing away everything I believe in if I accept this!"

Obito burst into laughter startling Izuku.

"Are you that naive? You want to save the very people who caused your death? Tell me this. What kind of hero do you want to become?"

Izuku stood up before answering. "A hero that saves everyone with a smile. One that makes everyone feel safe".

Obito shook his head and facepalmed. "The words of a child. Answer this, if you did get a quirk by miracle, how would you save everyone at the same time? Can you multiply? Are you a God that can be everywhere at the same time? Can you see every corner of the earth? Can you see the flaw in your ambition? You're being naive and blinding yourself to the truth. Even your idol All Might can't save everyone at once. Let's give you a scenario. And old couple is in a burning building, and a pregnant woman is about to get shot, how can you save both? Can you save one without the other dying? Such is the truth to this world. There isn't a thing as the perfect hero. There can never be. The heroes you admire so much are filled with corruption and deceit. You need to open your eyes to reality. This world doesn't need another All Might. This world needs someone who will show them they have no control over their lives, that their actions have consequences, and their past will always come back to haunt them. Katsuki Bakugo was it? He was the one who pushed you to take your own life. How would you feel if he became the number 1 hero, loved by all, while you remain a long forgotten memory, a ghost of the past that has no relevance in the grand scheme of things. A minor mishap that couldn't be helped. Accept my power, unleash the hatred that I know is deep within you. Become the ghost of their pasts, the bringer of karma"

Izuku lowered his head throughout the speech. This man ... was right. He killed himself because of the ignorance of society, their corruption and lies ... and they would pay. Obito smirked seeing the look in the boy's eyes. The same look he had all those centuries ago when Madara showed him the truth.

"I accept" Izuku said in a low but angry voice.

"Very good. You made the right decision" Obito said spiralling into the boy's body.

****************************

Outside, time had passed in the real world. A whole two months had passed after Izuku's death. Everyone had seemingly moved on true to Obito's words. It was just a mishap. A mistake that would never repeat itself.  At the cemetery, the dead silence was broken by a sound of the ground breaking. At the grave of Izuku Midoriya, a hand emerged from the darkness.