5

One Month Later - Boston

It's been a busy and long month as the US dates for the tour kicked off, with interviews and a video shoot in between - the most surprising thing being that Scott was a part of it.

Jen didn't tell me until the day - said that it would put to rest any rumours of bad blood between Chris and I. It didn't stop the speculation of us dating again though, and with Megan only too happy to just go ahead and not say anything about it? Just showed that she was all for the positive press that surrounded her client.

Regardless of whether it was positive for us both or not - I was still pissed, but Jen told me to just focus on the show. A little hard when I knew that the possibility of Chris turning up to the Boston date was high.

I hadn't really heard from him since we'd been in London, other than the odd 'like' on an Instagram post here and there from one another - but that was rare enough. Even if it was a truce, I still didn't know where we really stood with one another. Now I was here in Boston? I could feel his presence everywhere even if he wasn't anywhere near.

Taking a break from sound check, I sat cross legged on the stage and pulled my phone out to check any messages etc. My parents being one and then...

Chris: I'm not gonna be able to make tonight - got some reshoots on Georgia, but Scott will be there as well as some other members of my family.

Because that's not awkward at all.

Ok yeah, Scott and I got along but whether it was for the sake of keeping Chris happy as well as a smooth video shoot? I'm unsure.

There's a lot of things that I'm unsure about nowadays.

That's ok. Hope they enjoy it. I sent back and then laid down on the stage, looking up at the sky all bright and sunny shining over the stadium - when I felt anything but that. Then again if it rained I'd be looking like a drowned rat and we'd probably have to postpone or cancel the date. Thankfully the forecast for today and tomorrow was looking good.

Jen's form looked over me and I sat up. "You alright?" She asked with a quizzical expression.

"I'm taking a break". I shrugged, not bothering to tell her about Chris not being able to show tonight.

"Has Chris said whether he's coming tonight?"

It's clear that she can see right through me by now. "He can't. Got some reshoots in Atlanta, but Scott will be along with some other family - geez what if his mum comes?" I now groan thinking of it.

"I'll let you know who's here once they arrive. But I wouldn't worry Ess. Things are cool between you guys now right?"

I nod. "As cool as a cucumber - but...it's just like we're in some kind of limbo. Like things are fine but at the same time it's like they're not. It's frustrating as hell".

At that point my phone goes off and I glance at the screen.

Chris.

Jen notes I ignore the text and smirks. "You can look at it you know".

"I know..." I throw her a look and she leaves me to finish my break before it's time to carry on.

Chris: Think we could meet up once you're done with the tour? That's if you haven't got anything on your agenda straight after.

The question is what's on your agenda Christopher?

I'm having a well deserved break other than a couple of appearances here and there - will probably be in the studio but not right after.

Chris: is that a yes?

Yes.

Chris: ok, cool.

This is even more painful than when we were fighting.

How's filming going? I sent back, knowing I should at least initiate some conversation between us.

Chris: Just some reshoots so it won't take long, then I've got a month or so off before I head onto the next thing. How's the tour? Scott told me that you were playing Cochella?

I am. Sounds sad but that's how I know I've made it 😂

Chris: I think you know you already made it long before that. Scott's gonna be a little shit and ask you for tickets for that btw 😏

At least he wants to come to my shows 😏💀 I don't blame you for choosing the reshoots though Evans.

Chris: ouch, way to make a guy feel guilty 😂 if it's any consolation I was going to come but then the shooting dates changed.

Don't try and worm your way out of it. I'm not offended though lol.

I am going to do all I can to make him feel guilty as fuck.

Chris: I'll have Scott FaceTime me on breaks so I can be there in spirit. Although I don't think that will be hard considering you've got that song about me on your set list 💀

I'm not sorry about it 😏

Chris: I never said you had to be. I'd like to think there's one written that kind of redeems me though. 😂😂

You play your cards right then maybe there will be. 😝

Chris: cards are already laid down Albero. It's your move.

I bite my lip and realise that this has gone a lot further than I wanted it to. It was my move for sure. But I just had no idea what one I wanted to make...