6

I had no idea who exactly from Chris's family had attended until after when Scott and his boyfriend Steve came backstage. Thankfully it was just them two however they the. Decided to drop the bombshell that they'd be coming to night two - along with the rest of the Evans clan. Minus Chris of course.

Interesting - especially as some of my family had flown in for night two and to have a holiday of their own whilst over here. That included my parents...

"So what is the situation between you and this actor guy then?" My brother, Noah, asked as we all had breakfast together in my suite the next morning. My niece Sienna cuddled up as she sat next to me. She'd been clung to me all morning. I missed her a lot, but having her being able to come to shows makes up for it. She's always in awe.

I jabbed at my food. "We're just friends, that's all".

"You sure about that?" He smirked. "I mean, I have Instagram too - and also the internet".

"You should know not to believe anything that's put on there by now". I stuck my tongue out. "We had something, and now we're friends. Oh, and his mum and some of his family are there tonight, so please - say nothing to them".

My mum rolled her eyes. "Like we would Essie".

Noah still wasn't convinced and was having a great time taking the piss out of me. "His family? Doesn't sound like a 'just friends' kinda thing to me".

"It was a goodwill gesture". I snapped and poured myself some orange juice, then leaning down to Sienna and muttering. "Your dad sucks".

"You 'suck' more according the media". Noah threw back flawlessly, causing my mum to tell us to stop as Sienna was present.

The seven year old didn't seem impressed at all. "Auntie Essie doesn't suck" now defending me. Thank god the girl code still stood firm and she has no idea what her stupid dad is really implying. "She can sing better than you daddy".

"Well obviously" He drawled and then looked to me. "I'm just being protective y'know, big brother duties. Is he coming tonight?"

"No, he's filming apparently. I mean he didn't have to have his family come but he has - so for gods sake be nice if they talk to you".

Noah looked shocked. "I'm always nice!"

"By that I mean, don't even mention Chris. Not once. ok?"  I swear if he strikes up a conversation with them about us then I will bury him under the stadium.

"What if they do?"

I mumble a 'shut up' before stuffing some food into my mouth. As if this whole situation wasn't already awkward enough. 

**

"Round 2" Jen said as I was getting my earpiece put on later that evening. "His family's in VIP with yours - want me to shove a security guard in there in case Scott and Noah end up in some kind of brawl?"

"If anything I think by the end of tonight, Scott and Noah will be besties". I chuckled. "But it's ok. No security needed".

According to Jen his sisters are here as well as the kids too, so at least Sienna won't be the only one. Still inside of me is the faint tug that Chris couldn't come - but I don't know how to feel about it. Everything is conflicted when it comes to him.

"Well it's almost showtime so go out there and kill it". Jen brings me out of my thoughts. "Although I know that you always do".

I give her a nod before she heads to the sound booth where she usually hangs out at the start of the show, before heading back and forth all over the place. She needs a damn raise at this point. She's more than just a publicist.

The show kicks off and I soon forget that Chris's family are actually here - that is until I see the cardboard cutout of him that's being passed from person to person between the fans on the floor.

"Oh. My. God". I stare at it and laugh once the song is finished. "You guys didn't..." I venture closer and shake my head. If he were here even he'd see the funny side. "Can we bring it up here?" I look around and find the nearest security guy who takes it and slides it into the stage.

Of course everyone is cheering - to them this is drama. "I mean...is it as good as the real thing?" I laugh and then out my arm around the cutout with a shrug. "I wouldn't know".

Jen is going to kill me for the amount of shit she is about to wake up to tomorrow. I'm fuelling the fire, but at this point I don't care.

I put cutout Chris at the side of the stage and carry on the evening, the sun setting at the most perfect time when 'Burn' is up on the list - and darkness finally falling.

As I come off stage I chug some water from the bottle Jen hands me. "The thing with the cardboard cutout? Really Ess? You're playing with fire". She sighs. "Also there's something..."

I stop. "Jen, I'm tired, I just want to get to the hotel and sleep - can we talk about it in the morning?"

It's not her voice that speaks next.

"And here was me thinking you'd take cardboard me back to your hotel with you, Albero...you know it's not better than the real thing though".

I turn, seeing the last person that I expected standing there with a smirk from under his cap.

Chris.