10

ESSIE ALBERO COSIES UP TO GAME OF THRONES STAR DURING AFTERNOON WALK

RICHARD MADDEN 'FELL FOR' BRITISH STAR THE MOMENT THEY MET, SOURCE CLAIMS.

NEW ROMANCE! RICHARD MADDEN AND ESSIE ALBERO MAKE THEIR RELATIONSHIP PUBLIC

ESSIE ALBERO AND RICHARD MADDEN REPORTEDLY ALREADY ENGAGED AFTER SECRET WHIRLWIND ROMANCE.

That last one isn't true. I don't just dive straight into commitment with someone after so many weeks, but things have changed. For a start, I am dating Richard - we met on one of the UK's morning breakfast shows that we were both guests on and started talking in the green room. After that? Well, that's where time has just been a bit of a blur - but the bottom line is? I'm happy. Sure there's sometimes cameras, but it's not as mad as it would have been had I have ended up dating Chris. Over here I have more privacy, things are going at a steady pace, and I'm relaxed.

Well, I was until I had a text the other evening.

Him.

It took a hell of a long time to open it.

Chris: Congratulations on the engagement, hope you're well. C x

You know full well it's not true. I'm ok - you?

Chris: Could have been, regardless I'm glad you're alright. Things over here a bit hectic lately with filming. 

I've been in the studio so can't say that I envy you. 

Chris: Not putting out yet another song about us?

Just an album - the song was a spur of the moment decision. 

Chris: I guessed as much. 

You're the one who called things off to 'protect' me - can't really do that while you're in fucking Boston and I'm in England can you? 

Chris: Well you're not exactly making it easy for yourself, seriously Hate Me? Were you trying to piss me off? 

It worked considering you just asked. You moved on reeeeeal quick though - but kudos, she's pretty. Have you told her that you'll protect her too?  

It wouldn't surprise me considering the amount of comments he's been getting on his Instagram. Mostly people telling him to get back together with me, how we were a better fit. 

Were we? I don't even know anymore. All I know is that it's probably annoying him to know that people preferred what we had to his current relationship. 

Chris: You told me before you wanted to focus on your career, and remember what I said the last time we were together? Now you're ploughing your way through Marvel actors. 

I've only dated him! You make it sound as though I've had Seb, and a few others one week after the other! Why the fuck are you even texting me? Checking up on how well my relationship is going? 

Chris: That's rich, coming from the girl who didn't want one. 

You're just put out because I've found someone who isn't constantly in the eyes of the media! Who isn't scrutinised for his relationships. I'm happy, if we'd have dated properly then we would have been miserable. So how about you focus on whatever her name is, and I'll focus on me. 

As far as I'm concerned, this conversation is over. 

My mood is sour for the rest of the day, and even when Richard calls where he's away filming it does lift somewhat - but he can tell something's happened. "I wondered when he'd get in touch". He says, Scottish accent coming down the line after I tell him about the explosive text argument between Chris and I. He understands though, I've been open with him from the start about everything. I'm no angel after all. "How you feeling?" 

"I'm fine, just annoyed that it's been a few months and suddenly he wants to message me again". I say as I huddle up in bed. I wish he was here right now - somehow I feel a bit more grounded when he's around. "When are you back?" 

He chuckles softly. "Missing me that much eh?" 

I nod, even though I know he can't see me. The facetime connection kept cutting out earlier which was annoying. Currently he's filming a spy drama that's coming out on Prime next year, and even when he told me about it, I could tell it's going to be big. "You know it". 

"Only a couple more weeks, then I'm all yours". 

"Aren't you already?" I jokingly question. 

"You know what I mean Ess, anyway I've gotta get some sleep - early morning shoot tomorrow so I'll check in when I'm on my break. Hopefully facetime works this time"

I smile. "Ok, talk tomorrow". 

"Oh, and Essie?" 

"Yeah?" 

"I love you". 

I want to melt down into the covers. It catches me off guard, but at the same time I know it's right. "Love you too". 

As I end the call I wonder would Chris have ever said this to me? Would it have even lasted long enough for him to say it? Has he even said it to the new woman in his life? I need to stop thinking about him as I turn off the light and sink down into the welcoming warmth of my bed. 

This is my life now. It's perfect, as it should be - but at the back of my mind the messages from Chris this afternoon are still on my mind. 

And once again, so is he.