•CHAPTER 11•

•Amani West•

It was the last block of the day and I was ready to leave. I just had to make it through cheer practice and then I could go home.

Kobi and I were currently spending our study hall sitting in his car. No One Knows by Brent Faiyaz was playing through the speakers. Neither one of us had said anything since we got in the car. We were just peacefully sitting and listening to the music. So far he hasn't played a song that I don't like.

My stomach was starting to cramp back up. I took my feet out of my Crocs and brought my knees up to my chest. I placed my arms on top of my kneecaps and put my head down in between.

"I wanna go home." I groaned, I felt his hand lay on my back.

"I told you just give me the word, and I'll take you," He told me, he began to rub his thumb on my back.

I didn't say anything I just clenched my fist at the pain. It was unbearable. If it gets any worse I might cry again, and that's the last thing that I want to happen.

I still can't believe I started crying earlier. That was completely out of character. But I was annoyed, and my hormones are all over the place. My emotions are uncontrollable right now, and anything could push me over the edge.

I just needed to get through this week so I could get back to my normal self.
This week is also the last week of school before winter break. This means next week I get to sleep in and do nothing all day. I can't wait...

Another cramp interrupted me from my cloud of thoughts. I felt the piercing pain shoot through my stomach and out my back. The pain lingered making me readjust my position.

I leaned back in my seat placing my hands over my face. I could feel the familiar sting in my nose telling me tears were on the way. I let out a big breath of annoyance. Tears began to stream down my face. I could feel Kobi's eyes on me. Freeing my face from my hands, I wiped my tears and sniffed.

I looked over at Kobi embarrassed that once again I am crying in front of him. He was staring at me with his mouth slightly open. I couldn't read his emotions through his face, but if I had to guess he seemed surprised that I was crying. I don't know why but his face was starting to annoy me.

"What!?" I snapped him back into reality. Kobi's eyebrows furrowed and he jerked his head back a bit. His face was saying "Who are you talking to?".

Looking away he shook his head chuckling, "You gone stop testing my patience, Amani."

This was the first time he has called me that since I told him my name.

"How am I testing your patience?" I asked him, my tone had a hint of attitude in it.

"I don't even like being around people, so you lucky I even be wanting to hang around wit' you" He looked up locking eyes with me, "But you pushing it treating me like some lame nigga that's supposed to be intimidated by yo lil attitude, especially when a nigga just tryna help you."

The silence after he spoke was deafening. I didn't how to respond. Usually, this is the part where I talk back and defend myself, but for some reason, I don't think that's going to work with Kobi. My tears had never stopped from earlier. Now instead of tears of pain, I had tears of embarrassment.

"Sorry I just-" I used my knuckle to catch a couple of tears, "I'm overwhelmed with a lot of emotion right now and I don't know how to control it."

"I can see," He said reaching his hand towards me. He used his thumb to wipe my tears away. I closed my eyes at his touch. He moved his hand and gripped my cheeks squishing my face together. It didn't hurt but it caught me off guard. I opened my eyes in confusion.