Chapter 4

Inside the building, there was only one door still open so as Kai entered there. And after following along some other endless looking halls he finally found his room marked with a Z.

Entering he saw another 11 people inside and all those guys were also looking back at him.

"Tsk, it's that annoying guy. So he ended up in our room?" A condescending remark came from a blond guy. It was Ryosuke Kira, the guy that was so full of himself stating and preaching he would not abandon his team for anything.

Maybe he was right and he just had a somewhat too romantic heart for the sport but Kai also knew better, that at a certain level there was no friendship on the field....even though he never played the sport in his former life but when you have a father who loves any kind of sport and showing his enthusiasm, you tend to follow any news that involves any sort of Sports.

"Well, look who it is? Aren't you the guy that said he would not abandon his team? Watcha doing here?", said Kai back with a smile and proceeded to change into the dark blue neoprene sportswear that looked like a swimsuit. In all honesty it probably was just exactly that.

With his feet being barefoot now he could feel that the building had floor heating. At least no worry about getting a cold. Also explains that sleeping dude to his right.

"Hello, my name is Gurimu Igarashi. Nice to meet you." Now after he was changed another guy came and shook his hand wildly.

Kai only rose a brow at this guy's over friendliness. "Likewise...but can you please stop shaking my hand now?"

"Oh sorry. What is your name?"

Kai only smirked. "Tamushi Kai but just call me Kai. You should remember it because you will probably only see my back and how it will disappear. If you guys don't keep up you will be left behind in the dust, got that?"

Igarashi smiled wryly and didn't know how to react to the arrogance that Kai showed now, hit right now he focused more on Isagi who felt his stare directly at him with Kai smiling but before hwe could take a step, the monitor that was on the wall activated.

"Are you done changing, you unpolished gems?" It was Jinpachi Ego talking on the other side of the screen. "The people in the room will both be your roommates...and your rivals. We have estimated your potential based on my judgment and various calculations. And you all received a number on your shoulder ranging from 1 to 300. That number is indicating your ranking from the 300 unpolished gems currently in Blue Lock."

"Haha, look Isagi. This guy is just the worst. He only got a big mouth for only being 298" Kira scoffed at the number that Kai had. Not even noticing that his supposed friend had the 299 nor that all other players were sneaking a glance at Kira's own number that was the highest number of 289.

Kai started thinking about this the same moment it was presented to them.

He knew Something's just didn't make sense and after figuring something out he just smirked and kept listening to Jinpachi.

There was more information about the top 5 ranking player would be put into the U-20 national team. But all other players that failed here would never be able to go international.

There was a shock in many eyes seen. Especially the two guys that were a number lower than Kai.

Yoichi Isagi, the one that plated with Kai before and also who was with Ryosuke Kira and he seemed to be in thought until a game was finally announced.

"We are going to play a game called -Tag-. You should all know it, whoever had contact with the ball is the it. There will now be a timer and the last to be the it will be thrown out of Blue Lock. Have fun~"