Chapter 5

"This is the world of competition. The world-class strikers you all so admire face these kinds of competitions every day, as they survive by risking their future." Jinpachi was giving another speech as the teenagers were still not over the fact that they might get kicked out in this manner, just like Kira.

Ego continued, "How does it feel to risk your futures? Are you spooked? Are you shocked? This is just how things work in Blue Lock. It's clear now, right? Do you realize how shabby and mediocre your soccer lives have been by now? and you trembled, right?" His creepy smile only widened as it literally hid both of his cheeks.

"'Yes... I survived!' That's victory; carve it in your brains! Every time you feel this pleasant sensation, your ego will grow, and you will become closer to becoming the world's best striker. Congratulations! You've passed Blue Lock's entrance exam."

The eleven people left in this room now were roommates, rivals, teammates, and enemies. Sometimes they'll have to cooperate, and sometimes they'll have to betray each other, but in the end, they will be trying to achieve the same dream. They were a group of people very different from each other that were tied together by the sole goal of becoming the best in the world.

Kai smiled, 'I like this; let's see what I can do.' German was expecting a lot, and he was ready to face Blue Lock's every obstacle head-on.

The first thing after the entrance exam was training. For three days straight, the eleven teammates only trained in gruesome exercises that targeted only their physicality. The first aspect that Ego targeted was definitely their stamina.

"Grahhh! I hate this sh*t!" The team was on motorless treadmills that were powered by their own movements. They had been sprinting for minutes, and their bodies were already taking noticeable tolls as their steps became less and less stable.

Some of their backs were even curved while running; Kai couldn't understand how they could even run like that. For him, the training was tough, but he'd simply stop the moment he felt something wrong. The tiredness was a good sign; training was definitely working.

More complaints were shouted: "Strikers aren't even supposed to run so much!"

Kai could only giggle for himself: 'They don't know how it feels to do cardio right after leg day.' but there were people who were still up and running; they didn't seem tired at all judging from their expressions.

'Jingo Raichi was his name; if my mind doesn't change me...' He was a tall, white-haired boy with sharp teeth. He looked energized after 10 minutes of sprinting. He even had enough energy to taunt people next to him.

He was shouting at that, 'Does he have a third lung just for talking shit?'

"Igagura! Isagi! You think you can become the world's best striker like that?! Just go home before you cry after losing to me, you weaklings!" Despite all the talking, his endurance was no joke. He was running at a constant speed of 20 kilometers per hour for an hour and fourteen minutes!

Kai stopped right after his timer hit 1 hour, and no, he wasn't being lazy; he was just cautious and wanted to do more things today rather than just waste his energy on this. Since this was the first thing they did on an empty stomach, they could expect more exercises to follow.

And Kai was correct: There were additional pieces of training that tested their abilities, such as jumping power. A good indicator of their play with the head would be the highest height they were able to reach during this training. Speaking of which, for Kai he got the highest score in this. His vertical leap without a run-up was 85 centimeters, which translates into 33 inches.