Chapter 6

It was already dark, and the sole shower was letting out the stream of water that fell on Kai's black hair with his hair covering his eyes, the water was ice-cold that would make anyone else shidder but not for Kai since he was used to bathing in cold like water at an early age, as his head was bowed, watching as the water was flowing down his body like a river through muscle separations.

The previous question from Ego wasn't insulting but rather a bit ridiculous for someone to question himself who claimed to always be correct with his evaluations, Kai thought...but he shooked his head a bit causing the droplets of water to move with his movement.

'Right now this path I'm thinking of taking...my goal... hehehe not yet'

'I don't have to think about it'

He thought as let's go of the soap in his hand and it fell due to gravity with his eyes following it throughout it's free fall and as it near the floor, his legs intercepted it even though the material was slippery, him balancing the soap with his foot it didn't make him feel it differently from the ball.

'...that statement... hehehe to feel the football as an extension of your body...those who believed they've accomplished something as footballers...think that just by juggling a ball for an extended period time makes that ball a part of their body part... isn't physical possible but in mind...the ball always exists as a separate entity or an object'

Izuku thought as he raised the soap high enough and caught it in his hand and threw it in the trash can.

"Do I want to think like that? I wonder...even though I haven't played the sport...this body did...it knows what's it capable of...and it knows that it wants to improve...to be better...to be in the light of those who made it big in the sport"

Kai then dried himself and doing a basic skincare and then picked up his mattress and went to sleep.

Somewhere in Japan, The Football Journal was doing an interview on surprise star player Itoshi Sae, a 17 year old Japanese Midfielder, who highly detests football in Japan. Though he has no interest in Japanese football, he already has a spot on the Japan National Team stating it's not important to him at all. Sae makes a bold declaration and promptly leaves the interview. It was revealed that Sae is only back in Japan to renew his passport but while leaving the building stumbles upon a press conference for Blue Lock. Reporters bombard Anri and Hirotoshi with questions on the realism and reliability of Blue Lock and Anri responds with confidence that Blue Lock will succeed and definitely fix Japan's broken soccer by creating a hero. This piques the interest of Itoshi Sae.

Back in the conference hall, Anri talks about the history of Japanese Football and how Japan has come so far and gotten so close to the World Cup but always comes out short. With Blue Lock, the dream of being the best in the world is officially revived. A hero must be born and they must lead Japan to victory. That hero will be born from Blue Lock, a facility packed to the brim with people who want nothing more than to be the best. At that moment, Itoshi Sae tells his manager to cancel all his plans for he wants to see what kind of player Blue Lock can create.