Chapter 1

It was the ending of September, 1993. The school hallways flooded with students; freshmen who were lost and following each other around in confusion, and upperclassmen who were familiar with the whole schooling thing. They filed into classrooms as the bell rang, and of course a few freshmen scrambled to find what class they needed to be in. It was a fairly large school. Each class had well over twenty students each period.

Ms. Maurice, everyone's "favorite" history teacher, started taking attendance for her first period class.

"Kellin Quinn?"
"Here."

"Andy... Ball...sack..?"
"Oh my God it's pronounced Beer-sack!"

No wonder she was a Ms. and not a Mrs. Who would want to marry her, she's only 40 and she's already got Alzheimer's.

"Frank Lero? "
"Here..." He was too shy to tell her it was Iero, pronounced with an I, even though this was his second year in her class.

The rollcall lasted a few more minutes and then the class started. Ms. Maurice was one of those teachers who did not give one actual fuck about the students.

"Grab a textbook from the closet, open to page 17 and read to page 32. Do questions 1 through 7 and write me two paragraphs about how you should behave in this classroom."

Every student in the class groaned but took a book anyway. Frank, his faux-hawk in his face, opened the book and read the various obscenities written in the front cover. Chuckling quietly to himself, he picked up his black ink pen and scribbled his telephone number onto it, along with "haha, hit me up" before opening the book to the pages he was told to and read them.