Chapter 13

Frank picked up his red phone and dialed Gerard's number. He had to talk to him. Make sure he was okay. It had been a few months since Gee wrote that letter, but still. He wanted to make sure he was on the right track.

The phone rang only twice before he picked up. "Hey Frankie."

"Hey Gee, you left your notebook at my place," he hesitated. "I looked in it a bit. And I... uh... are you okay, Gerard?"

"I'm... fine, Frank."
"I saw that letter you wrote. Are you sure you're okay?"
"Trust me, babe, I'm fine. I'm better now. I swear. Do me a favor and throw that note in the trash, could you?"
"Sure, Gee."
"Thanks, Frankie. I'll see you soon. I love you."
"I love you too, Gerard."

Frank hung up and tore the page of writing out of the notebook. He looked at it again before ripping it up and tossing it in the dust bin.

He proceeded to retrieve his own notebook, which it what he intended on before that whole incident. He opened it to a clean page and put a pencil to the paper, letting his imagination flow and it glided around the page. He didn't even know what he was drawing, he was daydreaming as he sketched. He sighed and focused on his picture. It was a detailed sketch of Gerard. He liked it.

He added the last details. The highlights in his long, black hair, the light reflecting off of his beautiful eyes, and his crooked smile.

He loved how it came out. Grinning at the paper before closing the book, and he glanced at his clock. Eleven o'clock. He needed to sleep, there were classes tomorrow. He pulled off his clothes and climbed into his bed. He felt strange without Gerard's arms around him. He held his pillow to his chest and pretended he was there until he fell asleep.