Chapter 18

The sun came up, and the light woke Gerard up. Frank was still awake, making sure Gee was alright while he slept. He was tired as shit, but Gerard was of higher priority to him.

"Did you... did you stay up all this time? For me? You shouldn't have." He sighed.

"Yes, I should have. You needed me." Frank answered. He meant it.

"I love you so much." Gerard looked into Frank's eyes. You could see how much they cared for each other in their eyes.

"I love you too." He hugged him again. "Are you ready to go home yet? Or do you want to stay away...?"

Gerard thought about it. "I think I should stay away a little longer. I don't want to... get myself worked up again." Frank understood. Gerard shivered as the wind blew his hair back. Autumn was approaching again. Frank took off the jacket Gee gave to him, and handed it back.

"You could use this." He smiled. "It looks cute on you." Gerard put it on and curled up against Frank again.

"I wish my parents wanted me and Mikey." They went silent for a moment. "I miss when I was little and Mikey was just born and everything seemed so good."

"Gerard, I promise you everything is going to be okay. Trust me. Everything will be better soon." He kissed Gerard on the head. "You'll be okay."

Gerard looked at the ground and smiled. "I'm gonna go home now... I'll be okay. Because you said I will." He stood up, Frank doing the same.

"Want me to walk you home?" Frank asked.

"Yeah. I need the support."