Chapter 11

The heart reminded Frank of his ex girlfriend. They used to do similar things. But in the end, she was using him and just toying around with his emotions. He slid down the wall into a sitting position and put his head on his knees.

"W-what happened? Are you okay, Frankie?" Gerard asked. Frank spilled the whole story. How she used him, how she hurt him, how she broke him. By now he was crying.

"I would never, ever do that to you. You know that, right? I'll make sure nobody does that to you ever again. Okay?" Frank leaned onto Gerard who was now sitting beside him. He sobbed into his shoulder.

"Okay." He wiped his face on his shirt. "I love you, Gee."

"I love you too" he replied. He really meant it. Ever since Frank came into his life, he was so much happier. He didn't know where he'd be without him.

Turns out Gerard had been cutting himself before he met Frank. It was his only relief from whatever shit was currently going on in his life. It made him happy. But now Frank was what made him happy.

"Frank, I need to show you something." He pulled up his sleeve to reveal scars on his left shoulder and arm. "I... I was abused too. I know what you went through. I went through it too. But you're the reason I stay strong. I saw the marks on your wrists, Frank. I need you to stay strong with me." They both cried silently next to each other, arms around one another in an attempt to comfort the other.

"Gerard?" Frank asked. "Take me home?"

"Of course, Frankie. You look like you need to go home anyway. You're shivering. Come on."