Chapter 12

-Next Day / November 27, 2014-

Finn's P.O.V
Today I'm going to Rachel's house for dinner with her dads. I'm a little nervous but they know me already and I think they like me... hopefully. It's 5:30 and I'm getting ready to go there. After we eat there, we're going to my house with Carol, Burt and Kurt to eat. After that we're going to go Black Friday shopping and I've been meaning to buy Rachel something and it's in sale for 50% off and I have enough money so I'm definately going to buy it for her birthday gift and our six month anniversary. I'm so happy with her and I'm glad I'm spending my time loving her. I'm on my car driving to her house when I get a text from Rachel telling me to get there safe. I smile at the text and keep driving because I don't want to get in an accident. I got to her house and I nervously walk to her door. I knock and her dads opened the door.

Leroy- "Hello Finn! I'm glad you came, come in." He welcomed me with open arms.

Me- Hello Mr.Berry. It's a pleasure to come and spend dinner with you.

He hugged me and then shook my hand. He was so friendly. Then I was in front of Hiram and he gave me a very strict look. I was scared. I didn't expect what he did next. He started smiling and brought me in a big hug. I laughed very nervous and he noticed.

Hiram- "You should've seen your face Finn. It was priceless! Don't be scared son, I'm happy you're with Rachel and make her life complete. Make yourself at home, I'll go get Rachel." He said as he walked up the stairs. I sat down in the couch talking to Mr.Berry. I felt tiny hands covering my eyes. I smiled knowing they were Rachel's. She let go and kissed me in the cheek.

We made our way to the dinning table and sat down. There was lasagna, and salad on the table. We served ourselves and started eating the delicious food. When we were done it was 7:30, we had to be at my house at 8:30 so we just relaxed and talked. Then Mr.Berry filled our glass up with water and theirs with wine.

Hiram- "I would just like to make a toast to us for being here today. It's a special night and I'm glad we're spending it together as a Family. I'm thankful for having my loving husband by my side and our beautiful daughter. You both are very important in my life and I couldn't have it any other way. I also want to thank you, Finn." He said while staring at me deeply in my eyes. "I want to thank you for making our baby girl smile and feel more loved. Thank you for coming not only into her life, but ours. You're a great addition to our family. Cheers to this amazing Family." He said as he smiled at all of us.

Everyone- Cheers!

After that little celebration it was time for us to go to my house. Rachel and I said our goodbyes to her parents and walked to my truck. So far it has been a great night.

Rachel's P.O.V
Dinner went well with my parents and I know that my dads absolutely adore Finn. Now we're on our way to Finn's house and I'm very happy. I love spending time with Carole and Burt, they're like my second parents.

The drive to Finn's house is about 15 minutes away from my house. We're listening to the radio and one of my favorite songs came up. I turned up the volume and he looked at me with his eyebrow arched up. "You're crazy, you know that." he said said with a smile on his face. "But you still love me like this." I said kissing his cheek. He laughed and parked his truck in the curve. He looked me in the eyes and got a hold of my hands.

Finn- Of course I love you. I love you just the way you are.

A smile appeared in my face and I blushed. He gently pulled me in for a kiss. It wasn't just a kiss, it was filled with love. We pulled away and he started to drive again. We finally got to his house and he got out his truck. Before I could get out, he was already by my side opening the door and helping me out.

Finn- Here you go my lady, safe and sound.

I gave him a small kiss and he blushed. We walked to his front porch and before he can put his key in the lock, his mom opened it with a big smile on her face.

Carole- "Hello Rachel, I'm glad you came tonight." She said and hugged me.

Me- "My pleasure, I wouldn't miss it for the world." I told her and smiled.

Finn led me inside his house with Carole behind us. I saw Burt and Kurt in the kitchen getting everything ready. I walked up to Burt and Kurt and helped them out. Five minutes later, the food was ready. We put the turkey, mash potatoe, gravy and chicken alfredo pasta on the table! We started of with a prayer and then started eating. Halfway through the meal, Burt got up and raised his glass.

Burt- "I want to just cherish this moment for a while. I am so blessed and thankful to have my amazing son Kurt smiling and being happy again. I'm also thankful that he helped Carole and I find each other. Carole, you don't know how happy I am now that I have you in my life. When Kurt's mom died, I didn't believe in love anymore, but then he led me to you and I started believing in it again. I still have Kurt's mom in my heart, but now you're there with a lot of love. Finn, you're also a great part that came with Carole. Although it was rough with you in the beginning, you finally gave in and let me be your male guardia and i-" just then Finn cut him off.

Finn- "You're wrong about the male guardian" he said sincerely.

The look in everyone's face was shocking. Just as I thought an argument was going to start, Finn quickly added

Finn- "You're my stepdad and Kurt's dad. Just as Carole is my mom and Kurt's stepmom. But I don't want that. I want this family to actually click, and for that to happen is for us to treat eachother like family. Which means that you can call me your son and i call you my dad. Kurt can call Carole his mom and she can call him his son. We're a family, so let's act like one now." He said with a small smile on his face.

Everyone's face had a smile on it, that was really sweet. Even Carole had tears in her eyes and I had to hold her hand. Finn said sorry and told one happy Burt to continue.

Burt- "Well as I was saying, although it was rough with you in the beginning, you finally gave in and let me be your dad." He smiled big "This is all I ever wanted, a family. Now I have one with so much love. That includes you Rachel, because I've seen you grow up into such a beautiful young lady, and I'm truly happy you're still in our lives. Thanks for making both of my sons feel happy and loved. We love you and your family. Cheers to the Hudson-Hummel-Berry Family!" He said as he raised the glass of champagne. We raised our glass of water and cheered.

We kept talking about childhood memories and how we've grown up. It was 10PM so we decided to rest for a while until we leave to the mall for Black Friday. So far, this has been a wonderful and loving night.
________________________________

A/N
Hello everyone! I know I haven't updated in about a week and I'm deeply sorry about that. I was studying for my finals and I would stay up overnight because of all the studying which paid off because I passed all my classes☺ I'm finally a Senior now and it's terrifying to know I only need one more year to graduate high school. We'll enough about me, thank all very much for all the views and votes You don't know how happy I get when I see how many people read my story and how many vote for it. Also, thank you for all of the beautiful comments you leave in my chapters. It truly makes me smile like a little girl. I hope you keep reading my story and enjoy it.

Love you all,
Ericka❤