-[Special]-

'Ellooo, long time no see

I know I haven't updated in a bit but while I'm working on the next chapter I thought I'd make this for y'all :))

(I can't draw.)

This isn't necessarily canon to the story, but it's the same idea so take it as you will

---------------------------

[Aiger's POV]

I sighed as I walked down the same old path as I did yesterday...and the day before that. And the day before. Schools just been let out, and as usual, I was already feeling drowsy. Even though I get plenty of sleep at night, the feeling never seems to subside. And even worse, Valt told me to wait for him so we could walk back to the dorms together. Unfortunately, my sleepiness got the best of me, and Valts already a slowpoke as is, so I just started walking without him. To be honest, all I wanna do is just lay down in a nice, soft bed . . .

But nevermind that. I should wait for him, right? I mean, he did offer...it'd be rude if I just left.

Having made up my mind, I looked around for a bench to sit and wait for Valt on. I soon spotted one not too far away, and hurried over. As I sat down, I dug in my school bag for my headphones-the only thing that keeps me awake during the day-and hooked them up to my phone. I glanced around one last time for Valt before looping the headphones over my ears. I felt the noise from the outside slowly start to decay as loud music started blasting from the earpads. I breathed in and sat back, getting comfortable knowing I was going to be waiting a bit. Only one brief thought came to my mind when I began to feel my ears ache.

"Anddd  looks like I'm about to ruin my hearing yet again..."

.

.

.

"Yo, Aiger."

I blinked open my eyes, hearing a familiar voice speak to me. Did I fall asleep..? I shook the thought as I looked up to see Valt hovering over me, sweat trickling down his face; Did he run here or something? I let out a heavy sigh as I sat up and tilted my headphones back so I could hear him. "Geez, dude...you took a long time. What time is it-?" "Yeah, sorry for the inconvenience, heh," Valt chuckled sheepishly, slightly cutting me off; I didn't mind though. "I got held back doing a bit of work. I texted you saying it was okay for you to go on without me, but I realize now that I should've called..." Valt mumbled. I just shrugged and stood up, stretching my arms.

"It's fine, really. Besides, I didn't have any plans for today so you're not on my time." I assured as I gathered my things. Valt nodded and started forward, seeing that I was ready. As we walked, he seemed to keep eyeing my headphones, that were just barely over my ears.

"So what're you listening to?" Valt suddenly asked, surprising me a bit. "O-oh um-!" I paused, not knowing how to respond. Though I'm not necessarily ashamed of the type of music I listen to, it's a bit...odd. "U-Um...it's some..rock...song..." I hesitantly blurted as I took off my headphones completely. "Ah, so that's what it was," Valt hummed. I thought he'd be finished with the topic, but seems I judged too soon. "Mind if I take a listen?"

...Shoot.

"Uhhh..." I dragged out my breath as I nervously looked up at Valt. "Uhm...Sure..?"

I mentally pinched myself while handing over my headphones. "Don't judge..." I mumbled, feeling my face heat up with a blush. Valt didn't respond, but he gave me an assuring look as he pulled the headphones over his head. No sooner than he put them on, Valt's walking slowed, and I began to get ahead of him. I stopped in my tracks and looked over my shoulder right as Valt was taking my headphones off. "Mm, it sounds good!" He beamed, smiling at me. I blinked.

"...You don't think it sounds weird..?" I asked in disbelief. Valt shook his head softly as he handed my headphones back to me. "Nah, I've heard way worse from some of my friends playlist's, so you're fine." Huh. And here I was thinking he was going to laugh at me...I noticed Valt looking back at me-who was already a few feet ahead of me- and I hurried to catch up to him. I stiffly put my headphones back around my neck, and continued walking beside Valt in silence, muttering "...cool." Valt glanced at me as I spoke, before exhaling, seemingly wanting to talk about something else.

"By the way, Aiger, you finished this weeks algebra homework, right?"

"...yeah. It's been due."

"Can you please help me with it? The substitute we had was explaining the directions so weirdly that I couldn't even understand how to do it!"

"Really? The directions were easy to me. You sure it wasn't just you?"

"Positive! I asked pretty much everyone for the answers too, and they all said they didn't get it either. You're either just really smart, or we're just really dumb."

"Eh, I think you guys are just dumb."

"...Okay, probably shouldn't have given you that ego boost but whatever. Can you please give me hand though?"

"...Yeah, sure...I'll help you out."

---------------------------

Sorry if it's a bit too fast-paced, I made this over the course of like 3 hours :^

Alr brb in 10 years y'all, stay strong for me 😔