CHAPTER ONE: A Lone Son

After a few months, it was later discovered that Katherine was pregnant. The signs were obvious when she craved odd foods and vomited all over the place since late September. Tanner was excited to start a family, and he hired over fifty maids and about eight nurses to take care of any injury they had.

He hired a nanny as well, a fellow old neighbor in the community of Braedon in Red Hills.

Ever since Tanner cheated on Kimberley, she had gone missing. Katherine was also part of a movie called 'Sky Girl'. She earned millions of cash. The entire country had them known as Sir Miller and Lady Walker.

With Tanner being a full-time billionaire and Katherine slowly catching up, they were the richest family in the entire country, outgrowing the Nolans. The amount of attention they received gave them the power to run Jamaica as well. The fans worshipped them as if their lives depended on them.

Katherine enjoyed the fame. Everyone considered her perfect. She hoped that the baby she'll have in a few more weeks would be just as perfect as her too.

May 2

The hospital's doors flung open. A rush of doctors and surgeons flew into the emergency room, while four doctors dragged the bed that a groaning brunette was in.

"Please! Hurry and get this baby out of me!" she whined.

"We'll get it out, ma'am, stay calm!" A doctor helped her up from the bed and positioned her on the infirmary mattress where she'll give birth to her first child.

Tanner and the nanny called Theresa Jackson were by the waiting room. To say the least, the man was sweating endlessly. He was worried that his wife might not survive. Theresa, on the other hand, was optimistic to take care of the child.

"Lawd God, mi a fret suh til," the grey-eyed raven pulled on his curly hair.

"That's understanding, Sir Miller. But I promise you, Lady Walker will be just fine. Apart from your uneasiness, are you eager to raise a beautiful child of your own?" she rested her hand on his shoulder to reassure him.

Tanner nodded a relaxed smile on his face, "I am, I hope he'll be okay," The woman's eyes broadened, and her brows raised.

"It's a boy?" she gasped in awe.

"Yep, she did tell me back in January after she did do the ultrasound or whatever it name."

"That makes me excited even more! I can't wait to take care of him when you guys are on the road for your businesses," she squealed out of excitement.

"Wait, shh! I hear..." The man placed his ears closer to the room's door. His eyes widened.

There was a loud, crying noise. The baby had been brought into the world. The two could hear Katherine sobbing, and it urged her husband more to just bust in and check on her.

"Sir and Madam, you can come in now," a surgeon slightly opened the door with her dirty gloves. Without hesitation, Tanner dashed through the door faster than lightning.

There was the son. The first offspring in the family. Theresa was awed at the adorableness of the baby.

"Aww, he looks so much like his papa," she cooed.

The boy had light brown hair that had a twirly texture like his mother's. He was as light as vanilla. The baby's lips were rosy red, and his body was finely developed.

Katherine opened her eyes to look at her son, disappointment showing on her face when she saw his facial features.

"What's wrong, darling?" Tanner stood beside his wife, resting his hands on her shoulder.