CHAPTER SIXTEEN: Will They Ever Get Along?

His vision grew blurry as his eyes fluttered open. The boy's head felt like it was spinning and feeling light-headed. He found himself in a white bed, the same bed he recalled his brother being in.

Kayton rose in the bed, taking deep and slow breaths to ease the slight shaking in his hands. He glanced up to see happy grins and worried frowns.

"He's awake!" he heard Khris exclaim.

"What happened...?" he whispered.

"You fainted after a police officer took the shot that she tried to shoot," Kori explained.

"Oh...is everyone okay..?" the ten-year-old asked.

"Yeah.." they turned to a frowning Caden.

"You okay?" Kevin asked.

"Wait, why did you save me..?" the sixteen-year-old connected his eye contact with the brunette.

"I didn't want you to be hurt-"

"Yet you proceeded to sacrifice yourself? Don't you think that would hurt us even more?"

"I'm sorry-"

"You can't keep sacrificing yourself for us, Caden. You have to fix your health, we must fight for ourselves," Kayton frowned.

"I don't think you guys can," he mumbled.

"Oh, so what happened after I fell unconscious? I heard that you guys fought the mafias and Kimberley got arrested!" the brunette frowned.

"Yeah..but I taught you guys martial arts, so you'd be able to fight,"

"Correction, you taught them. Remember you pushed me away like you always do? Why have you been sacrificing yourself and defending me all of a sudden? I want an explanation!"

Caden sighed, "I was trying to fix myself ever since I attempted to kill you. I wanted to talk to you about everything but I didn't know how to-"

"Why didn't you say so? You got me worrying about you guys not making up..." Kori mumbled.

"No, I wanted to make up, but I was scared that he wouldn't forgive me at all, or that I scared him ever since that day happened," the boy frowned.

"You should've said something..." Kayton sighed.

The twins glanced at the teen, waiting for him to say something. Kori and Kevin exchanged stares.

"Kay, I am here to say that I sincerely apologize for everything I've done to you and the others. It was very immature and disgusting of me to only make things about myself and put my negative emotions out on you. I will make a promise to myself that I'll be a better sibling," Caden paused, calming his breathing down.

"As for you two, I'm sorry that I manipulated you to stay away from Kay. I should've handled it a better way than to cause all of this unnecessary rivaling."

Khris smiled as Carl did a thumbs-up. The grey-eyed light brunette turned to Kori and Kevin.

"Kor, I thank you for helping me all those times when things were going downhill. I declare that you should take a break for a while, you've done enough and I apologize for all the inconvenience that I've caused," the teen smiled, doing a handshake with his brother.

"Kev, I'm sorry for putting so much pressure on your brother and not helping you to help him cope with bullying and that I was making it worse. I'm already fixing myself to be a better brother to you all than my past self," Caden finished.

The four smiled as they pulled him into a group hug, "It's okay, we forgave you a long time ago," Kevin gave him a pat on his shoulder.

"Yeah! You've improved a lot since you turned fourteen and I would like you to keep up with it," Carl grinned.