CHAPTER NINE: Pity Party

It was about Christmas time, the first Christmas Eve when Lady Walker and Sir Miller were present. The whole mansion is covered in Christmas decorations, a tree that was in the first living room. The temperature was freezing cold, the soft wind cutting through the neighborhood of the great Red Hills.

Everyone had to dress in two or three layers of clothing. Meaning that the whole neighborhood knew them, and most residents would gift the father with golden-wrapped presents for the boys and his wife.

"Here you go! Another gift for Lady Walker and Caden," an elderly lady, dressed in full pink, smiled.

"Thanks, we really appreciate it..." Tanner faked a grin and the woman appeared satisfied, leaving him in peace.

"Let me guess, dem deh for Walker and my sons?" his face dropped upon the embassy like a line that suddenly appeared after the woman left.

"Yep, how yuh know suh? Merry Christmas Eve!" a man dressed in green chuckled, landing three silver guitar-sized presents.

"Ah, boy...come like everybody forgot about me.." the dark-skinned man sighed in sorrow.

All of the Miller children were in a very merry mood as well. Caden couldn't wait until the next day to open his ten presents that he only got from one maid who favored him so much. He has never been in such a good mood for a good while.

"Don't open them yet! Wait until tomorrow morning," Theresa warned with a small smile.

"I can't! They look so cool," the ten-year-old whined, placing his presents on a certain side under the tree.

"Well, you have to wait a few hours, only six left." the nanny chuckled.

"I-it's so c-cold!" Carl shivered in his indigo jacket, rubbing his arms. His glasses were getting foggy from the little smog that roamed the midgrounds of the road.

"Then go by the fireplace upstairs! Don't freeze out here!" Kori facepalmed, holding a purple-wrapped present in his hand.

"As if he forgot we had one! Actually, more than one!" Khris huffed.

"Ooh, these are cool!" Kevin showcased his present below the chandelier, reflecting a beautiful wave of red and silver on the cream-painted walls. He giggled in joy before dashing off to his room upstairs.

The Murrays were their special guest, Layla and Chad were in the first living room with a chef and the actress and singer herself, sipping a cup of chocolate tea. They chatted nonstop, mostly about their youngest children, who happened to be doing their own thing.

Kayton watched in amusement when he saw his older brother wander around like a child who just got a free cookie. Addison was beside him, taking a sip of her pineapple-flavored juice.

"He looks so happy!" she turned to him.

"Yeah...I wish I could get presents too," her smile faded upon hearing that.

"You don't get presents?" the redhead whispered. Before he could answer, the famous woman approached the two with a face that showed pure happiness, extreme happiness.

"Hello dear! Guess what?" the tone she spoke confused the four-year-old. What could she be so jovial about?

"Huh?" he blinked after glancing at Addison nervously. "We've got you a huge surprise! Come with me!" Katherine took her son's hand and ascended to his room while Addison followed.

"Wow! Your room is so big!" she stood at the giant-sized door as her shiny blue-green eyes scanned all over the place.

"Here we are!" she grinned as they both stopped at a tower-sized closet.