CHAPTER THREE: Hidden Under Her Lies

Caden and Kori were soon met by two other members of the family a year after. Twins, to be exact. The older one had jet-black hair like his father (Khris), while the younger twin (Carl) had the same hair color as the eldest brother. The twins both had jade green eyes, just like their grandfather.

Speaking of their grandfather, he had recently passed away due to a wild house fire back in the UK. Summer survived, though. However, she was placed in an infirmary because she had suffered from chronic depression.

Back to the Miller brothers, Caden was getting along with his three younger siblings pretty well. Speaking of which, they were playing around in their backyard while their parents were gone to their usual jobs.

"Am gonna get you guys, haha!" the eldest brother cackled cheekily, chasing after a giggling Kori as the ten-month-old twins just stood there, not knowing what to do.

Theresa was also there, sitting by the pool under an umbrella as she watched the children play. It was so wholesome to see them all having fun aside from their parents' evil deeds.

"Caden, be careful!" she warned just before the light brunette tripped over a small stone, resulting in him falling into the kiddie's pool by accident.

"Oh my goodness! Are you okay!?" she rose quickly to rush to him, only to see the three-year-old all smiles and giggling endlessly.

"Yeah, guys, come in!" he insisted.

"Wait!" she was quick to grab the twins from going in, but Kori wasn't so lucky. The boy stepped sideways intentionally, causing a huge splash.

"Haha, now I can catch you!" The grey-eyed brunette gave his younger brother a soft noogie, getting him to laugh out loud.

"Nanna, help!" The brown-eyed toddler struggled in his older brother's grasp, giggling away.

"Oh my gosh.." the nanny sighed. 'They're going to kill me.' she panicked as she heard footsteps, but it turned out to be one of the maids - Eleanor to be exact. Thank the Lord!

"What happened here, Miss Jackson?" she questioned.

"Just these cheeky little devils! C.C. made Kori go into the water!" she helped the two out, playfully poking at the three-year-old's wet forehead, earning a smug grin from him.

"Hurry, before Lady Walker an' Sir Miller sees this! We're gonna get fired if we don't dry them off-"

"Okay, okay! Enough talking! We could've finished drying them by now!" Theresa hurried in her vintage clothing, carrying the twins in her arms as Eleanor took Caden and Kori by their small hands.

'Lord, mi hope dem nuh have more boys, God know..' she sighed.

***

Katherine had just arrived home from her studio shooting. She had this unsettling grin that caught everyone off guard.

"Honey, I'm home!" she hugged her husband, who had a wide frown on his face.

"Kath, what is that on your dress?" he eyed her white flowy dress, growing suspicious. 

"What's on my dress?" she glanced down, seeing red sparkling marks on her. Her eyes shrunk to beads as she dashed to the bathroom in less than a second.

Theresa and the four children were watching a cartoon when the television started flashing its lights.

"BREAKING NEWS, BREAKING NEWS!! TWO BODIES, IDENTIFIED AS A TWENTY AND NINETEEN YEAR OLD FOUND DEAD WITH STAB WOUNDS IN A GULLY NEAR RED HILLS!!!"

The faces of the dead were blurred, but they could be recognized.

"WHAT!? MY BROTHERS...ARE DEAD!?" Tanner's knees buckled, and he collapsed to the ground, wailing like a crybaby.