CHAPTER FOURTEEN: Spectators Of The Blood

Another lunchtime has started in the Half Way Tree Primary. Kevin and Rowann went downstairs, waiting for his little brother out of his class. He had already received his lunch from the canteen. Rowann and another classmate of theirs, Penelope, waited with them, not wanting anything to happen since the incident two years ago.

The eleven-year-old huffed, talking to his friends, "How long it's gonna take him to come out?" Penelope raised a brow.

"I'm sure he already has, it's just for him to look around for him," the ten-year-old shrugged.

"He's right! Kay's form teacher isn't that cruel to trap them in his class while lunch is going on," the amber-eyed brunette spotted a familiar patch of hair upstairs that was similar to his brother's in the crowd of ravenous scholars.

"I found him, guys!" he dragged Rowann by his arm, running up the stairs near the locker room. Their female friend declared that she had to use the bathroom just for a few minutes, hoping that they wouldn't move around this busy place too much.

Kayton finished organizing the books in alphabetical order for the first three classes, "One...two...shoot! I need to do it again, or something might happen-"

"Boo!" he jumped to hands suddenly tapping his shoulders. The ten-year-old playfully rolled his eyes when he heard his brother giggling.

"You can't frighten me like that. Do better next time,"

"But you did flinch though, you're always in denial, Kay," Rowann shook his head.

"And you see, this is why he's my new favorite person!" Kevin grinned.

"Who was your first?" Kayton raised his brow, wanting to hear his answer.

"I won't tell! That would ruin the surprise,"

"Surprise? I already know who it is, Kev," he scoffed.

"Really now? Who is it then, big brains?" he smirked.

"Simple, it's who you spend most of your time walking and giggling around with-"

"Which isn't you!"

The three turned to that annoying, high-pitched voice. Rowann sighed in irritation, "Not this again..."

"What in God's name do you morons want now? I thought I made it clear to stay away from him!" The amber-eyed child came to defense when David and his minions made their appearances known.

"Listen, big boy, we didn't come here for you, we came here for him!" he unexpectedly pinned his arms above his head, pushing him to his locker.

"Let go of him!" a pair of arms grabbed the angry brunette before he could step a foot. The eleven-year-olds struggled as David smirked at his captive.

"Now, we can do this the easy way or the hard way. All that I want is your-"

"No." The boy's eyes widened, his sly smile dropping immediately.

"Pardon? What did you just say to me?"

"I said no," the brunette deadpanned, his sweet demeanor falling to pieces.

"Don't try to act tough here, kid. Just give me the money you owe and we'll be done here," the boy glared in his eyes.

"I don't owe you anything. I'm not giving you anything!" Kayton protested back, a scowl now on his face.

"You go, Kay!" Kevin cheered.

"Oh shut up, we all know sweetcakes over here won't last up this nasty attitude for long," John scoffed, tightening his grip on the boy's arms.