Chapter 6

I practically ignored the girls that night, they all wanted to talk to me about my fighting and my brothers. I laughed it off and said I was too exhausted to talk from all the fighting. But that was okay, Bloom did a lot of the talking.

"I was thinking, if we're going to be group, we should have a name!" She exclaimed, Flora seemed all for it, but I cringed.

"A group name? Isn't that a little embarrassing?" I ask with a raised eyebrow, Bloom stared at me with this confused look on her face, "I mean, we gave ourselves a group name, that we're going to tell people, I don't know, it's just a little sappy for me." I make sure my neck is still covered by my curls as Bloom continues.

"Oh come on," She whines, "It'll be fine, besides I've already come up with a name!" She beamed, "We could be the Winx Club!" She smiled, it wasn't as tragic as I thought it would be. The girls all oohed and ahhed over it, but I still wasn't convinced.

"It's not a bad idea, a name's good for a quick reference," Tecna explains to me.

"Yeah, and the three witches are the Trix," Stella said, shaking my arm. I rolled my eyes and laughed at them all.

"Okay fine, but if you all get upset if I make fun of it, then that's your problem, not mine," I say, standing up and stretching my arms.

"Ah Y/n, such a positive light in our lives," Musa says sarcastically. I wink at her and flash them all a smile.

"You know it," I leave for my room, embellishing a yawn and muttering about how tired I am. In reality I wanted to find a spell that would erase the marks Riven gave my neck, I tried several, all of which failed. Tomorrow I would have to rely on magic of makeup and hair placement to keep what happened a secret. But I took his advice, I did ice my neck. 

The next day Professor Palladium took us all into the woods, giving us boring beige forest explorer outfits to wear. I really didn't feel like it, the colours washed out my skin tone and made me look pasty. Besides, the paleness of the clothes made the love bites Riven gave me stand out, even with the concealer on my neck.

"Why'd you keep doing that?" Stella asks.

"Doing what? I'm not doing anything," I reply, adjusting my hair.

"You keep messing with your hair, it looks fine don't worry about it." She gives me a thumbs up and winks, I shoot her a look. I know my hair looks good, I hardly ever look bad, but I wanted to keep my neck hidden. As we gathered in the forest Palladium began explaining what today's task would be.

"Today's exercise will be rather difficult-" The little professor tried to explain. But the girls didn't respect him at all, always talking over him, making him uncomfortable. His complete lack of control over teenagers was frankly embarrassing. 

"Professor Palladium," One girl interrupted as a few of her friends snickered around her. I rolled my eyes as our attention was shifted from our teacher to her, "A mosquito just bit me!" She whined.

"Yes, well we are near a swamp, and it's a just a mosquito so no big deal," Palladium replied trying to regain control. The girl rolled up her shorts to reveal a little red mark where the bug bit her, high up on her thigh, I scoffed and shot a look in her direction.

"Yes, but look where it bit me," She smirked as her friends fell about laughing. I rolled my eyes as Palladium became flustered.

"Oh my, well, what I meant was- Um," The professor turned away immediately and tried continuing with his instructions, "To be short -uh -and to the point-"

"Poor professor," Bloom whispered to Stella and I, "They shouldn't give him such a hard time.

"If he were more confident then they'd respect him more," Stella replied, I nodded my head slightly.