Chapter 13

The girls and I made our way to Red Fountain, Bloom kept going on about possibly seeing Brandon again, and I couldn't help but roll my eyes; my best fucking friend had gone crazy, and then she ran away, and all Bloom could talk about was seeing a stupid boy. I could maybe ask my brothers for help looking for Stella, but they'll probably be too busy with their lessons and work to lend a hand; still, there is no harm in asking. When we arrived at Red Fountain, I immediately spotted Sky tidying up some exercise or something. My anger boiled up at the thought that he could be the reason Stella was acting insane, and I ran up to him.

"Oi!" I shout, "Sky!" He looks up dumbfounded and points at himself.

"Uh, me?" He asks with an expression that makes him look like a confused puppy. I roll my eyes, pinning him forcefully against the wall.

"Yes, you," I seethe into his face, "We need to ask you some questions," I grimace as the girls pull me off him. The other girls explain the situation as I try to look out for my brothers; all three seem busy. I feel bad, but we could really use some help.

"I'd love to help you girls, but I have no clue what you're talking about," Sky says, rubbing the back of my head. I turn my attention back to him, and he tries to avoid my gaze, "Last night I worked until 9, then I collapsed," He says, looking down at the piece of paper in his hands, "And I didn't write this note," He protests, handing it back to Musa.

"You sure didn't," An arrogant voice scoffs from behind me; my irritation bubbles in my stomach as I turn around and see a shit-eating grin only Riven could have, "Didn't you girls know that Sky can't write?" He laughs, and we all stare at him, unimpressed.

"Very funny, Riven," I scoff, "Got the whole squad laughing." Riven stops smiling and grimaces at me.

"Fuck you," He spits, my lips curl, and I lean into his face.

"In your dreams," I grin and take a step back.

"Did something happen to Stella?" Sky asks, his voice riddled with concern.

"That's what we're trying to figure out; you were our only lead," I sigh; while my chin is down, I notice a brown and white dog jumping all over Tecna, who is trying not to panic, "Oh shit, Sky, your dog is jumping on Tec," I say, looking over at the poor fairy.

"Can you switch this animal off?" She asks politely, if not a little annoyed.

"Lady! Lady down! Down Lady! Lady, get down!!" Sky's pathetic attempt is almost amusing. Just then, a sharp whistle sounds from behind us; we turn to see Brandon standing there, calling the mutt over.

"Lady, come sit," He commands, and the dog immediately obeys, running and sitting next to Brandon's feet.

"He spends more time with that dog than he does us," Sky tries to laugh off the embarrassment, "She's stopped listening to me now."

"You're lucky Stella isn't here; that would've given the ick," I reply callously, still angry about this whole situation.

"Hi, Brandon," Bloom half squeals. I roll my eyes and run down onto the pitch where my brothers are, leaving the pair to flirt.

"Y/n!" Lukas shouts, tackling me in a bear hug. I elbow his gut to knock him off me; it's just how we say hello.

"Hey Lukas," I laugh, ruffling his hair, "Where's your darling twin?" I ask, looking around the arena.

"Liam found some new eye candy at the gym," my brother rolls his eyes, "So he's spending every spare minute there." 

"Can't fault him for that," I laugh as Xavier approaches us.