Chapter - 3 : Forced Marriage

Authors pov:

Ravi is sitting in front of the holy fire. Yamini's mom Latha went towards Sharadha and asked about the bride because the bride and her family were nowhere to be seen.

"Anni, it's about time. Where is the bride?" Latha asked Sharadha. Though she also doesn't like this marriage, she didn't say anything and participated silently facading her happy face. Latha and her husband Srinivas also dreamed of Ravi and Yamini marriage. 

"I am also waiting for them." Sharadha said anxiously.

"What are you saying? I thought they were in the room getting ready." Latha said.

"Your brother and Arun went there searching." Sharadha replied.

"Anni, it's already getting late. Ravi already sat in the mandap. Call them first." Latha said. Sharadha nodded and when she was about to dial her husband, she saw them coming.

"What happened? Where are they?" Sharadha asked her husband Ashok who's glaring at her.

"Why are you not saying anything? Arun, atleast you say what happened? Where are they?" She asked her younger son.

"Mom, that they're not going to come. They cancelled the marriage." Arun said.

"What?" Sharadha shouted. Latha gasped and few of their relatives are already surronded.

"Why did they do this? Why did they cheated us?" Sharadha shouted not knowing what to do. Ravi smiled mentally. Vikramaditya and Rakesh glared at Ravi.

"They are stating Ravi is having affairs with many girls and having many bad habits including drugs. And they said many more bad things." Ashok said. Hearing him everyone shocked. Yamini and other cousins are bewildered hearing Ashok.

"What the hell? My son is gem, they can't get any person like him. How dare they say bad things like that about my son." Sharadha started shouting.

"I too believe our son but they have some pics sharadha." Ashok said.

"You believed that?" Sharadha asked and Ashok nodded his head no. Sharadha started shedding tears thinking about her son's life.

Ravi held his mom.

"Now, what should we do? Everyone will talk badly about my son." Sharadha blabbered.

"Anni, no one will speak ill about Ravi. Everyone knows about him." Latha said consoling sharadha but she didn't stop her ranting.

Some of the relatives already started their gossips. Ravi consoled his mom and left the place leaving some space to the elders. His dad was in deep thoughts.

"Ravi, Why did you do that and how?" Vikramaditya asked once he came away from the crowd. Rakesh also stood next to him asked the same question.

"I have been working for you for years, can't I learn a few things from you." Ravi said calmly irking Vikram and Rakesh.

"Why are you doing this? Why don't you forget her and spoiling your life?"

"I can't and I couldn't. You guys know everything then how can you tell me to forget her. She's my first love. I dreamt of her as my wife." Ravi said.

"Ravi, you have to move on. You're spoiling your family's happiness as well. Whatever you did now, is not a small thing. It will affect your family very badly. Didn't you think anything before tarnishing your name? It affects your parents and didn't you think about your brother?" Rakesh asked him.

"The only thought I had was, I shouldn't spoil the girl's life. My parents didn't understand me and forced me to this marriage. Now, they would stop this marriage related topics atleast for an year." Ravi said looking down.

Suddenly they heard Ravi's mom screaming, they three ran to them and looked his dad sitting in a chair holding his chest.

"Dad, what happened? Arun, call the ambulance." Ravi said panicking looking at his father.

"No Ravi.. Unless I see your marriage, I won't move from this place." Ashok said firmly hissing inbetween. Ravi and others shocked hearing him.

"Dad, what the hell? Stop this nonsense now. Arun, did you called the ambulance." Ravi asked Arun.

"Yes Anna. It's on the way." Arun replied. Yamini and Swathi rubbing Ashok's hand and legs.

When the ambulance came, Ashok was not willing to take any treatment he firmly sat on the same place giving hard time. Everyone pleaded with him but he detriment to get his son married today itself that too with Yamini.

"Ok.. fine dad. I will get married but who will ready to get marry me after knowing the allegations. So, please stop your stubborness." Ravi told him. Ashok looked at him and smiled weekly breathing heavily. He called Latha, his sister near to him.

"Latha, will you please give your daughter's hand to my son?" Ashok asked  taking his breaths. Everyone shocked especially Ravi, sharadha ,Latha, srinivas and Yamini.

"Anna, we will talk this later. Please, first get your treatment." Latha said. She loves his brother a lot if he ask her one more time certainly she will agree to his brother.

"Yes.. we talk about this later. Even Swathi is also here." Sharadha said making Swathi look at her terror.

"Latha, please I..... I.... beg....you." He said taking a sharp breath almost in the stage of losing his senses.

"Doctor, please look at him." Vikramaditya said looking at Ashok state.  Ravi is standing in the same position without moving a bit.

"Sir, we have to treat him immediately but he's not allowing us to do." ER doctor said.

Vikramaditya and Rakesh shook Ravi who came out from the immobile state.

"Lat.. Latha.. I am goi.. going.. to...di..die.. pleas.. please.."

"Anna, please don't talk like this. I agree to this saying she looked at her husband and daughter who's also in a shocking state.

Srinivas tried to deny this but Latha pleased him and she convinced him within a few minutes. In the mean time, Ravi tried to convince his father in several ways but he didn't bulge at this state as well.

"Dad, they will get married. Now, please allow doctors to treat you." Arun said.

"Ask.... Rav...Ravi to....tie... the knot ..  yamin...yamini... I will get the treatment."

Ravi denied straightly and looked at Yamini who's looking down. Everyone surrounded him forcing to tie a knot.

Sharadha doesn't like the happenings but she can't do anything because of her husband's health condition.

When Ashok was closing his eyes, Arun held him and called Ravi. Ravi panicked and said.

"Ok, I will marry her now." Ravi said and took the nuptial chain.

Latha made Yamini next to him in front of Ashok who was looking at them in his half closed eyes.

Ravi tied the nuptial chain and placed the vermillion on her head. The first time she looked up and saw his face.

At the same time Ashok closed his eyes and everyone started screaming.

See you all soon with next chapter..
Suhi✨