Chapter - 7 : Friends!

Yamini's pov:

"You can get the bus which is going to your college." He said and went away leaving me in the bus stop. My eyes welled up and my heart clenched tightly. I wiped my tears as soon as it fell. He didn't let me speak a word. What did I do? People around me gave a weird look. I gulped my remaining tears as fast as I could. Soon the bus came, I boarded into that. My heart is paining, why? What did I do?.

I entered my class and sat in the last row where I usually sit. I leaned my face on the desk and letting out my tears silently.

"Hey Yamu !" I heard my friend Sathyapriya's voice. I wiped my tears and put a fake smile on and looked at her.

"Hey, Hi Sathya, Sanju" I said smiling at them. They are my friends Sathyapriya, I call her as Sathya and Sanjay I call him as Sanju where they call me Yami / Yamu depending on their mood.

"Yamu, have you done the assignment?" Sanju asked settling next to me. I nodded at him.

"Good job Yamu !" He said and grabbed my bag and taking out my assignment papers.

"Hey, didn't you bring the extra sheets?" He asked.

"I forgot. Sorry."

"Idiot. You're so irresponsible." He said and grabbed some papers from Sathya.

"Hey, I bought only few. I need it." Sathya said and they started their bickering for the paper.

"Guys stop it. You guys have only 15 mins to complete it. Share the papers and write it. I will get a few more papers from anyone else." I said. They both agreed and shared the papers and started copying my assignments. I got a few papers from my other classmates and gave it to them.

Sanju completed first.

"Hey, how did you finish it? I think you missed some paragraphs." Sathya said copying the assignments hurriedly.

"Only fools will write everything. Intelligents won't." He said. She glared at him and continued her writing.

"You're going to be punished if they find out."  Sathya said writing the last page.

"Nope.. If I write everything then only I will be punished. " He said and looked at me.

"Yamu, what happened?" He asked.

"What?"

"You're not looking good. What happened to you?"

"When did I look good?" I murmured.

"Something has happened. Tell me.." before he could ask further, Professor showed up.

"Will talk after the class.." he said and moved to his row. Sanju usually sits with boys. As per the college rules, boys and girls should sit seperately.

Sathya sat next to me and didn't ask anything. Sathya and Sanju knows about my marriage with mama. They're happy at the same time angry on mama for his acts.

Though Sanju is angry on him he supports mama always. He always says, "Give time for him." But Sathya thrashes him whenever she looks my gloomy state. Aadhini was also being so supportive for me. Every day she vists my class and checks me.

Me, Sanju and Sathya are not childhood friends. I met Sanju when I came for the college admission. He helped me when I came for a college interview as well. Me and Sathya met in the classroom and instantly we became friends. After that, we three became the mini gang. Whenever we three goes out, he being a guard for us , my parents and Sathya's parents won't be scared to letting us out since Sanju is with us. We don't know what magic he did but he went to their good books directly.

At the break hour, Sanju came and sat on my writing desk facing me. Sathya also sat like him. I am sitting in the bench. Both gave a serious look and asking me what happened. I shrugged my shoulders saying nothing.

"What's happening here?" Aadhini said coming to our bench and sat next to me.

"Hey Aadhu ma..." Sanju said smiling at her. He has a not so serious crush on her though he know she's married.

"If my husband hears you calling me that, he will break your bones." Aadhini threatened him. He rolled his eyes. Me and Sathya smiled seeing their bickerings.

"Why are you bringing him now? I am already hurt after knowing I lost my chance. Why you're hurting me more? Can't I have the liberty to call you the way I like?"

"No..." She responded immediately. He pouted and said "I will call you Aadhu only, even I will call you infront of your husband as well."

"You're definitely going to get some punches from my husband." She said.

"You have said this many times yet you haven't brought him." He said smirking at her.

"Because I don't want to became the reason of your death." Aadhini said as it's the matter of the fact. Though Aadhini replied that way, she knows he's no harm for her and not for anyone. He's a genuine person but a little bit crack. His crush list is updating each and every minute. He has a very long crush list. Aadhini is also one of the person in that list.

"Guys, can we concentrate on Yami now?" Sathya said stopping their bickerings and focusing on me.

"Yep..." They said it unison.

"What you guys want to know?" I asked them.

"You have to tell, what happened today?" Aadhini asked. I looked three of them and they're very determined to know.  So, I told him what Ashok mama said and what Ravi mama did. I wiped my tears as soon as it fell. Aadhini side hugged me. Sathya gripped my hands tightly.

"That idiot, really lost his mind. How can he do that to you? And how did you love that kind of person?" Sathya asked angrily.

"Maybe he really has work in his office?" Aadhini said.

"Really Aadhini, are you supporting him? I can't believe it." Sathya fumed.

"No, what I am trying to say is.."

"No Aadhini.. Since he's your husband's friend, you can't support all his deeds. Yamini is our friend, you have to support her first." Sathya said fumingly.

"I am not supporting him, Sathya. I am just saying what if he has work. He's working for Vikram Anna. I have an idea how hectic will be his work. Alakananda complained me many time about his work schedule. She also said how Ravi will handle his business in his absence. He's an efficient and hardworking man." Aadhini said.

"That doesn't mean, he can neglect his wife..." Sathya said. Sanju interrupted her,

"Sathya, this is an unexpected marriage. Think about him, He has waited for some other girl in the mandap, suddenly that girl did not show up and his father gave ultimatum to tie the knot to other girl whom he doesn't want to marry. Think from his perspective as well. He needs time to accept everything. And coming to Yamini, he doesn't know about Yamini's feelings nor even an idea about that. He may be thinking for Yamini as well right, what if she didn't like him? What if she is suffocating from this marriage?... Many things.. everyone's perspective is different. Understand that. Yamini, I am telling the same thing to you. Men also have heart and feelings. So, wait patiently." Sanju said.

"Yeah, Yamini... Whatever Sanjay said is correct. His past... I mean his work-life and this marriage everything has been messing up his mind.. so, please." Aadhini said.

I nodded silently.

When the professor shown up for the next period, Aadhini went out but before that she asked, Alakananda mam wants to meet me this weekend if I am available. I don't know why she wants to meet me but I agreed to meet her.

***************************************
Please let me know what do you think about the chapter.

Your votes and comments are my boost. Please do share your feedbacks about how the story is progressing!!! ❤️

See you all soon with next chapter..
Suhi✨