Chapter - 14 : Divorce !

Yamini's pov:

It's Saturday morning. I am having my breakfast with my parents. Rithika went to her school already, since she's having her special classes.

"Pa, today I am going out with Sanju and Sathya." I informed my dad. Dad nodded his head with a serious face. I don't know why.

After mama's visit, I became dull. After that day, my not so good friends dragged me out of the college, simply say, they made me bunk the college and we roamed the city full day.

Because of their continuous banters and cheering, I forgot my sorrows and enjoyed with them. Before I boarded my bus, I hugged both of them and thanked. Sanju and Sathya was shocked because I won't hug them often.

Friends !! They know how to cheer us and how to annoy us.

We finished our breakfast and before I could go to my room, Dad asked me to sit in the couch. He looked serious. Mom also came from the kitchen and looked at us.

"What pa?" I asked him.

"One minute.." he said and went to his room. I looked at my mom and asked what's happening in a sign language. She too signed as 'I don't know'

Dad came to the living room with some papers. He sat next to me and held my hand.

"Yamini, few days before I asked you that will you trust my decision. Do you remember?"

"Yes pa."

"I really don't know how to ask apology to you Yamini..."

"Pa.."

"Please don't interrupt me Yamini."

"That day, when Ashok demanded you to marry his son, I agreed. That's the biggest mistake I have ever done to you knowingly. That time, I had a little trust on Ravi that he will take care of you always. I thought he wouldn't leave you in any situation and that he will stand for you in this life. But he shattered my trust on him within a few hours.

When his mom asked us to leave from the hospital, I hoped that he will ask you to stay or atleast he will say anything to you but he didn't even see your face.

That time itself, I started doubting my decision. But I neglected since your mom said he's in shock because of his dad. I believed that. My hope on him didn't reduce. I thought he will come to us to talk about you. I really thought he will come and take you to his home.

But all he did is crashing my hope again. He lost my trust on him. I never expected that he will listen to his mom and leave you just like that. He's not the man I saw. The Ravi I know is not him Yamini.

I don't think he will take any decisions against his mom. It's not good for your future even if we tried to force him and let you guys carry forward with this relationship. He or his mom will taunt you for everything even though it's not your mistake.

Why you should suffer when you haven't done any mistakes. You don't need him, Yamini. He doesn't deserve you. Instead of suffering with him and his family in the future, we can take a firm and hard decisions to stop everything." Dad said.

My heart started beating fastly. It shouldn't be what I am expecting. Please god, I prayed mentally.

"So, I decided this.." dad said and gave me the papers. I opened it and that's it my eyes started shredding tears. My mom took the papers and saw it.

"Divorce.!?" Mom asked dad shockingly. He is silent.

"What is this? Are you aware, what are you doing?" Mom shouted.

"I am well aware of what I am doing, Latha. You don't need to tell me." Dad replied.

"It's wrong. These are all not needed. It is all misunderstanding. These issues are temporary. Don't take any harsh steps. Please, listen to me.." mom started pleading dad.