Chapter - 23 : Her Feelings !

Yamini's pov:

After a week...

"Yamini, Are you doing well? I heard that your husband left you. Is that true?"

"Yamini, I told you earlier, men will not like chubby girls. You should have taken my advice seriously."

"Yamini, don't worry. Now a days, divorces are very common. You don't need to be dependent on anyone."

"Yamini, you should get adjusted with your life. Patience is important. From here on you should directly go to your in-laws home."

"Yamini, stop listening to your parents and use your brain atleast now."

"Yamini, whatever you do.. I will be always with you."

I am tired listening to all their pity or  advices. I am trying with all my patience to not snap at them.

But who I am Kidding? Relatives.... Will they be bothered to know what the opposite person is going through? Absolutely no...

I don't know wheather I need to appreciate the people who's talking about me directly or the people talking behind my back.

But they all forget the purpose of their visit, they came here to attend my grandmother's demise, not to discuss about my life.

Since it's my father's mom death, I can't avoid it. Though I am not their biological daughter, my grandmother didn't show any differences. Atleast for her I need to be here.

A message distracted my thoughts.

"I understand your situation but you have to come to college for 2 more days to compensate your attendance before the semester exam begins."

I read my professor's message. The exam is going to begin in 4 days and I have 3 more days left to compensate my 2 day attendance.

I took a lot of leaves in this semester for various reasons, luckily they considered my medical certificate and approved my leave for those 5 days but not other one. So, to maintain the minimum days in college they asked me to attend the college for 3 days before exam begins.

If I hadn't went out with my friends for the first 2 days I would have compensated my attendance by this time. But who knows my grandmother will leave us suddenly. After her demise, my father was devasted. She was his support system. She encouraged whatever he does.

"Yamini, serve coffee to the people." My mom told and went to look out other works.

Past few days were enough for me to accept my life. Though I am not their biological daughter, they didn't show any difference to me and Rithika. To be frank, they love me more compared to Rithika.

Till this day, they didn't show any differences to us. I know they won't do as well. Yes.. they're not my biological parents but they raised me. They gave all the love to me. They educated me. They taught which is good and bad. They believed in me. Whenever I needed them they gave their shoulders to me.

Why I still need to think they're not my parents? Aren't they?

At the initial days, I was very devasted to process all the truth. I got all the negative thoughts and screwed up ideas but their love on me vanished those thoughts and slowly I understood everything. Still I have the bitter tingling thoughts coming often but not much like before.

To overcome all these, I decided to focus on my education and work. I already started looking for companies which is offering internships and preparing for the upcoming interviews.

I don't want to linger on my past feelings anymore. I want to forget everything and move on because he's not the one for me. He doesn't like me. We can't force anyone to be in our lives. Everyone has their own wishes and likes to persuade. When we're not in the situation to give what they want, at least we shouldn't force them to do what we like.