Chapter - 17 : Her Bitter Truth !

Author's pov:

"Latha, where is Yamini? It's already evening. Where did she go? Don't you have any responsibility" Srinivas fumed at Latha.

"She didn't tell me. What should I do? When I was disciplining her, you supported her. Now, you're asking me about my responsibility?" Latha shouted back.

Their fight is still on but they hold it for Yamini who didn't came to home yet. Both were tensed every passing minute.
Yamini will intimate them wherever she goes. Even if she didn't, she will be back within an hour. She went in the morning and it was now nearing night time hence their parents started worrying.

"Again her call went unanswered." Srinivas mumbled. He's trying to reach her phone but Yamini was not picking the call.

"Rithika, Did Yamini said anything to you? Remember and tell ma" Latha asked.

"No ma. She didn't say anything to me." Rithika said.

"This girl ! What should I do with her?" Latha mumbled.

"Did Sanjay picked the call?" Latha asked.

"No. He didn't. Sathyapriya said he might have put his phone on silent mode since it's a weekend. I don't know what to do now. Whom she went to meet? Why did she went without telling anyone? I am afraid, what if anything..." He stopped gulping his own words couldn't able to tell another word.

"What are you saying? My daughter is not a timid girl to run from the problems." Latha said strongly though her inner self is praying to God to not let her daughter get weak.

After a few minutes, Srinivas' mobile ringed. He picked it immediately.

"Hello, Sanjay. Do you know where is Yamini?" Srinivas asked.

"Uncle, Yamini is with me. I will bring her home in few minutes. Later, we will talk." Sanjay said.

Srinivas physically relaxed a bit and asked again "Give phone to her. Why she's not picking my calls?"

"Uncle, we will come home and talk." Sanjay said.

"Why, will she not talk with me now?" Srinivas asked angrily. He wants to listen her voice to confirm she is fine and safe.

"Uncle.. that..." Sanjay hesitated to talk but he continued..

"Uncle, she is not in a state to talk." Sanjay said shocking Srinivas.

"What? What happened to her? Is she ok? Where are you now? I will come..." Srinivas anxiously asked. Latha and Rithika frightened listening to him.

"Uncle, please relax. She is safe now. We will talk when we come home." Sanjay said and disconnected the call.

Latha panicked and asked Srinivas about Yamini.

"I don't know.. he's not saying anything. He's saying she's not in a state to talk.. what does that mean?" Srinivas said. Latha's eyes started shredding tears. Both husband and wife's body trembled.

20 minutes later, Sanjay and Yamini entered  home. Srinivas and Latha ran towards her and were shocked looking at the bandaid at her head. They started questioning her but Yamini didn't open her mouth.

Srinivas and Latha was frightened looking at Yamini's state. She looked pale, shocked, lifeless and devasted.

"Yamini, what happened ma? How did you get hurt?" Srinivas asked. Latha and Rithika cried hugging her.

"Uncle, let her take rest first." Sanjay said.

"But how did this happened? Who did this?" Srinivas asked his body trembled thinking about various situations.