Chapter - 15 : Wallpaper !

Ravi's pov:

"Ravi, Didn't you sleep?" My mom asked entering into the living room.

"I woke up an hour ago for a meeting ma. Just now, it ended." I said updating the report.

"Ravi, it's Sunday morning 7, I don't know whether I need to be proud that you're hard working or to be unhappy that you're spoiling your health." Mom said. I smiled at her.

"I am almost done ma.. only few more updation needs to be done. After that I am free for the whole day." I said.

"What is your boss doing? Why can't he do those works?" She asked sitting next to me.

"This work is allocated to me. So I am doing this. For him, he has a seperate work and I can't question my boss ma. So, chill." I said.

"Whatever.. Do you need coffee?" I nodded. She went to the kitchen to make coffee, in the meanwhile I kept my laptop and mobile phone in the living room and went to washroom in my room.

After 10 mins, I came out and tried to wake up my brother who's sleeping peacefully but he didn't budge at all. I splashed water on his face. He woke up startled and looked at me annoyed.

"Wake up and freshen up." I said closing the bottle.

"Anna, it's Sunday. Don't disturb me. Please.."

"I am going to bike fair today." I said. He woke up fully now and looked at me enthusiastically. We both are bike lovers. 

"At what time? Where??" He asked.

"I am starting from home at 10." I said

"Ahh! Anna, please can you postpone that plan for 2 hours. Today dad's last check up is been scheduled. So, I am going along with ma and pa." He asked.

"Ohh.. Ok.. I will complete my work and will sleep for few hours then." I agreed and went to the living room to finish my pending works.

When I entered the living room, I saw mom looking at my phone. Has she unlocked my phone ? No, it's not possible then oh my god! Is she looking at the wallpaper. I haven't changed the wallpaper.

"Ma, what are you doing with my phone?" I asked snatching my phone from her.

"Call ca..." She stopped in between.

"Who called?" I asked.

"No.. no one called...hmmm.. I am saying.. I am asking that who's that girl ?" She asked. Damn it..she saw.. it's my mistake that I didn't change the wallpaper..not because I don't want to change but I couldn't change it. These are all her memories may be because of that I couldn't change or remove it.

"Who's that Ravi?" I came out of my thoughts.

"She's very beautiful. Do you like her?" Mom asked.

"Ma, it's just a wallpaper. Don't have any unnecessary thoughts. Where is my coffee?" I asked her sternly.

"I didn't prepare it yet." She said.

"Ma, please don't touch my phone hereafter." I said and left to my room taking my belongings. Arun was in washroom, I sat on the bed looking at her picture on my phone.

I caressed the photo and tried to change the wallpaper now. I opened the themes and tried to change it but her sudden thought came and my fingers halted to proceed further,

********

"Ravi, give your phone.." Arti asked

"Why?"

"I am going to set my pic as your wallpaper."

"What?" I asked her amused.

"When you're working, you forget that you have a girlfriend. Atleast now, you will remember me whenever you see your phone." She said. I smiled.

"Do you think, I will notice my wallpaper picture when I am using my phone? I never do that."

She pouted..

"I don't want the phone wallpapers to remember you, Arti." I said to which she smiled.

"But still you're forgetting me when you work."

"I do because I want to focus my full concentration on my work not other things." I said. Her face fell and said small ok. I couldn't see her dull face and changed my wallpaper into her picture to make her happy.

"Since my girlfriend thinks that putting her pics as my wallpaper makes me remember her, though I disagree that, to make her happy, to make her give a feeling her boyfriend won't forget her, I will change the wallpaper of my phone with her cute pics." I said and showed my phone.

She smiled brightly and pecked on my cheek momentarily.

"Wow, what a price I got for this !" I said and she blushed.

"What will I get if I keep this picture life long?" I asked.

"Will you not change it?" She asked hearing my question. Her eyes twinkling.

"May be I can replace with... Our wedding pic..." I said winking at her.

********

"Anna, what happened?" Arun's voice broke my thoughts.

"Hmm.. nothing.." I said and kept my phone side table locking it.

After some time, mom came to the room with the coffee. I took it silently and continued my work in laptop.

"Hmmm Ravi, did you talk with anyone?" Mom asked.

"Who ma?" I asked her.

"Hmm.. nothing.. are you going out anywhere today?"

"I am going to bike fair after you come back from hospital." I said.

"Ravi, can you go with Arun and your appa today please." I looked at her.

"Please Ravi..." She pleaded. Though it looks suspicious I agreed.

She smiled.

"What are you going to do ma?" I asked her knowing she won't answer.

"What?? Can't I do anything on my own?? Do I need to tell everything to you?" She started shouting.

I shook my head saying "sorry" to her.

She went and I continued my work. After few minutes, I refreshed and started to the hospital along with dad and Arun.

Since doctors gave a green signal to my dad's health, he started planning to go to our home which is in village.

After the checkup, we three directly went to the bike fair.

Though little bit if I had an idea about my mom's plan, I could have saved that person from knowing the bitter truth which is buried deep down among us.

********************************

Please let me know what do you think about the chapter.

Your votes and comments are my boost. Please do share your feedbacks about how the story is progressing!!! ❤️

See you all soon with next chapter..
Suhi✨🦋