Chapter Seventeen: It's All Over

• Dedicated to Hannah Gagon

Chapter 17!! Wooo! So we left off with Evan and her dad. Let’s see where this is going. Enjoy.

“You left! You left! You’re dead to me! You’re nothing to me!” I screamed, frantic.

“Sweetie” he grabbed me to try and calm me down.

“I hope you live in hell! I hope you’re sorry for what you’ve done to me! I hate you!” I screamed, tears falling. My dad was back, and I hated him more than ever.

~ ~ ~

“Evangeline please understand why I left” he was sad now, I had hurt him.

“You left me with my drug addicted mother dad. She died two years later, not that you would care or anything!” I yelled.

“Sweetie” he said, his eyes pleading.

“Stop calling me that!” I yelled “I hate you, I hate you so much! I don’t want you back in my life, just go back to where ever the hell you were hiding” I sneered and walked away. He grabbed my arm and tried to hold me back.

“Evangeline Evalina Court!” he yelled causing me to cringe. “Listen to me goddammit!”

“Why?” I yelled, breaking free.

“Because you don’t know how sorry I am for leaving you!” he yelled “It was for your own good”

“Bullshit it was!” I yelled back, angered. “Maybe you should have “found me” five years ago and then I would have forgiven you”

“Evangeline, please let me talk to you” he pleaded.

“I have a plane to catch in the morning, better luck next time” I sneered.

“You didn’t believe me did you?” he asked.

“No, I never believed a word you wrote in that letter dad” I sighed.

“Sweetie, I never wanted to hurt you” he said quietly.

“Well you did a good job with that didn’t you” I huffed.

“I saw you perform at the House of Blues” he added. He had my full attention now.

“What?”

“I was at the house of Blues and I saw you perform. I’m proud of you” he gave a weak smile.

“Flattery gets you nowhere” I replied. The girls walked out of Claire’s and saw me. I heard them gasp as they saw my dad. “Come back to me when you find out all the shit I went through without you there” he looked at me confused “Better yet, go visit my grave back in Missouri” I walked away, leaving him there the tears falling still.

“Evan are-” Hannah started.

“I’m fine can we just go please?” I cut in. We passed by him, I didn’t even give him a second look.

“Mr. Court” Allie gave him a brief, pissed off nod.

~ ~ ~

“Ashley I’m home!” I called out as I entered the door.

“In the bedroom!” he called back. I entered through the door and he had this happy look on his face. His kissed me fiercely and pulled back “I was wondering why you didn’t respo-” he stopped as soon as he saw my face. “What happened?”

“Um,” I paused “Well, you see” I paused again,

“Evan cut the bullshit” he replied annoyed.

“I bumped into my dad” I said fast.

“What?” he took a step back shocked. “Are you sure he was you-”