Chapter 40

Camila's POV
It's been two days since those people moved into Lauren's apartment, I was in my kitchen standing by the window with a cup of coffee, I looked out of it to Lauren's kitchen, where she would usually be standing looking back at me. I saw the girl that moved in there come to view, her hair fell messily over her shoulder as she reached for a box, she then tensed up and turned to look out the window, she locked eyes with me and at this point I realized I was staring over there, I looked down at my mug and turned around quickly. I turned back to see if she was still looking and she was. She seemed to be counting the floors to my building she then disappeared into her apartment.
I put my cup in the sink and walked around my apartment aimlessly until I heard a knock on the door; I opened it and saw the girl from Lauren's apartment.
"Um hi." I said and she tilted her head as she looked at me, like a confused puppy.
"Hi, um you seem to look out your window a lot. It's been two days and I'm getting a bit uncomfortable."
I felt my face heat up as embarrassment took over me, I shifted awkwardly from side to side and hesitantly looked up at her.
"I'm sorry my girlfriend used to live there."
"Oh, well that's still a bit weird?"
"Yeah, I'm sorry! Won't happen again." I laughed nervously and she nodded.
"Where'd your girlfriend go?" She asked.
"She moved to New York." I said softly and she put a hand through her hair in a way that reminded me a lot of Lauren, her blue eyes locked with mine. She looked at me sympathetically and bit the corner of her mouth.
"Oh I understand. I had to break up with my boyfriend because of distance, too." She said and I shook my head.
"We're not broken up; we can do the distance." I said crossing my arms and furrowing my eyebrows.
"Oh I'm sorry. Well if you want your girlfriend left some stuff behind, you can go take them." She said and I nodded eagerly.
We went up to her apartment. On the way there I learned that her name was Mary and that she had moved here with her older brother. She unlocked the door and stepped aside for me to come in. I slowly walked in and covered my mouth with my hands, my eyes immediately got glassy as I looked inside the apartment. It didn't smell like Lauren anymore and the walls were painted a different color. The 'I love you too' was gone.
"The 'I love you too' is painted over." I croaked out as I pointed to the wall were it used to be on.
I heard her laugh quietly but she shut up as soon as she saw that I was crying.
"That was you?" She asked and awkwardly walked up to me.
"Yeah, it was the day we painted her apartment. I thought she would paint over it but she said she would leave it that way." A tear streamed down my cheek and she hesitantly pat my shoulder.
"I'm not good around people that are crying so please don't." I looked up at her and tried to hold back my tears; she backed away slowly and moved down the hall. I walked up to the wall and put hand over it as the memories of that day came back. I squeezed my eyes shut as tears spilled. I heard someone clear their throat behind me so I turned and saw Mary standing there with a box.
"This is what was left here." She said handing it over to me. She looked at me funny as I grabbed the box.
I went to her couch and sat on it and opened the box, it contained a bunch of pictures of Lauren and I on top of it a note. I grabbed it and it read.
An addition to our scrapbook.
I love you.
At this point I didn't give a damn if my crying made Mary uncomfortable but I couldn't help it. I looked beside the pictures and saw her coffeepot, on it was another note.
Thought this would be a nice memory (:
I laughed as I remembered the day she got distracted looking at me and burned her hand on the coffeepot. I put the notes back in the box and held it close to me.
"Oh and this was on top of it, the reason why we didn't throw it out." She handed me another note which I opened.
I miss you like crazy. I thought it would be nice to leave a little memory of us behind so you'll make sure you won't forget me. I love you and I can't wait to see your face again.
I love you with everything in me,
Your Lauren.
I put the note on top of the box and bit down on my lip.
"Um." She groaned and took a seat next to me; she awkwardly put a hand over my shoulder and rubbed my arm.
"You don't have to." I said and she sighed.
"Okay good." She said, standing up quickly.
I laughed at her and stood up.
"Thanks." I said and she nodded.
"If you ever need anything, I'm always here. But please don't look through the window again like you do because it really creeps me out." She said and I looked down laughing.
"Noted."
"Good, if you want you can come over for dinner?" She asked and I smiled.
"Thank you; that would be nice."
Lauren's POV
A few days back
"How does that sound?" I asked from inside the recording booth. They gave me the thumbs up and I quickly finished what I was singing before stepping out of the booth.
"Really good, Lauren." Megan said and I gave her a quick smile and walked up to Taylor.
"Camila will love this." He said excitedly and I smiled broadly.
"Camila?" Megan asked and I nodded.
"Yeah my girlfriend; I'm making this for her."
I checked the playlist quickly and smiled.
"What?" She asked.
"Well she has trouble falling asleep so I always sang her to sleep and since I'm not there I thought I'd make her a CD of me singing stuff to her." I played my recordings to see if I liked them enough to be able to send Camila them.
"Oh how cute." She said smiling at me.
"She's adorable." Taylor said hugging me tightly.
"I thought you're girlfriend was here with you." She said and I shook my head.
"California." I said and started to burn the CD.
"Really? Distance is a bitch." I nodded.
"You know you don't have to be in here for this. It's personal recording." I said and she shrugged and sat back in her chair.
"I'm the boss; I can do what I want." She crossed her legs and I rolled my eyes.
I took the CD out and put it in a case.
"I'm going to send this really quick."
I went to the post office and sent the CD to Logan. I had written a note with instructions so he knew what to do with the CD once he got it, I then went back to the studio to get the actual recording for the EP going and then I had to do some interviews.
Logan's POV
I watched Camila step out of the apartment with Mary, the girl I sold the apartment to, once I saw she was out of sight I stepped out of my apartment and looked around for the key Lauren had said on the note. I reached on top of the door frame and grabbed the key, turns out she had left her door open anyway so I put the key back on the door frame.
I went inside her apartment quickly and went to Camila's bedroom, I found the big ugly monkey that was supposed to be mine and set the CD between its legs. I put the not beside the CD case and left her apartment quickly before she came back.
I picked my phone up and called Lauren.
"Did you do it?" She asked.
"Mission is done, agent Jauregui." I said and she laughed.
"Thanks dork."
"I'm going to go back into my apartment before she comes back."
"Thanks again Logie."
"Anytime, love you."
"Love you too."
Camila's POV
I got back to my apartment hugging the box Lauren left behind, I walked into my room and set it atop my bed, I then looked over at my monkey and saw a CD with a note in front of it. I looked around my bedroom quickly and walked up to the monkey.
I grabbed the note that read.
To help you sleep at night or for whenever you miss me
I grabbed the CD that had a picture of Lauren and I as cover art. I put the CD in the stereo and let it play.
"Hey babe, so I took the liberty of making you a little something. I know how much you liked it when I sang you to sleep and I can't really do that anymore since I'm far away but I made you this so you can play it anytime you want. A little piece of me for you to have; I love you and I miss you so much Camz. Yours Truly, Lauren."
And with that note I heard her start to sing, I felt a blush on my cheeks and my heart start to race, I smiled big and took the monkey in my arms and jumped on my bed.
I grabbed my phone and called Lauren.
"Babe." She answered making my stomach flutter.
"You're so cute." I said and she giggled.
"What did I do?" She asked cheekily.
"I found the box."
"Did you like it?"
"Yes, I did also found a little CD in my room." I said tracing circles on the monkey's soft fur.
"Really? Wonder how that got there."
"Me too, are you hiding around here?"I asked and she laughed.
"I wish I was. I'm going into an interview right now."
"Oh wow, I'll talk to you later then." I said sadly.
"I'm sorry Camzi." She said and I sighed.
"It's okay, we'll talk later."
"I'll call you."
"Bye, Laur." I hung up before she could respond.